2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Think hard before you buy
By Oklahoma BMW Owner on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 1 series a few months ago. Very unhappy with Jackie Cooper BMW in Edmond OK. Poor service after the sale. It is like they forget you exist. Also financed through BMW Financial and they have a horrible website. Being unhappy with the car I considered trading and it lost $10,000 in a few months. It is still like new and a 2011 model and still lost $10,000. CRAZY! I will never buy another BMW.

Great Car for the Driving Enthusiast!
By GUNDY70 on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove the 128i coupe about a month and a half ago and I loved it from the moment I took my place behind the wheel and could not resist the temptation that I ordered one, which arrived 3 days ago. Essentially, this vehicle is a 328i with less weight, 50/50 balance, and a new frame. From a driver's perspective the car is amazing - responsive steering, grippy brakes and handling, and a luxurious. I have the M sports package which gives it better handling and acceleration. Truly UDMachine!

Great so far
By syd53 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 12 years driving a Beetle, tried a Z4 on dealer lot. Loved it but could not see driving it in winter. Ordered a 128i which has same engine and manual transmission, just a few less hp, and all of the convenience features I liked on the Z4. Of course it was also a lot less money. It is just as much fun to drive, though not as pretty.

Too much fun
By twhflorida on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Looked at an m3 and Audi S5 and this little beast is the ticket. ran at sebring racetrack with my buddies who had an 911 and nissan gtr and totally held my own. the m sport package is great.

First BMW
By RoyalFlush on 08/19/10 21:40 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After so much waiting and trying to trade in my previous car, I have to say that I am completely happy with this 2011 128i. It is my first BMW, and this car is just great. I love how it drives, and I love the noise of the engine. I love all the little extras it has. I would recommend this car to anyone who doesn't really care about owning a coupe. A lot of people complain that it's a coupe and that you have to help the people in the back get inside, but after all it is a coupe!! and that's why I got it. Its something different, and Its a really unique car. It's fast, and it accelerates quick and you won't regret owning one.

Mixed Bag -- But Still Love It
By cjprof2 on 08/01/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have put ~6K on the car in just two months and have had no problems. The 135i handles like a go-kart, has a silky smooth manual, is comfortable on long hauls, and oh, the sound of 300, 300 when the "go" pedal is mashed! MPG just about 23 overall.

A Fun Drive
By Driver on 07/20/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If your objective is have a car that is fun to drive, you will do no better than a BMW 1. While our BMW 3 was a fun car it does not even come close to providing the fun drive of the BMW 1. It will bring a smile to your face every time you get behind the wheel. Because of the limited rear seat room this is not a family car.

The wait is over
By greysworld on 07/17/10 06:20 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just had this car for a week after a long time of research and test drives among German cars. I am gratified to have chosen this one, handling and dynamics at its best on this solid compact car! I am a daily commuter in the DC and NOVA area and it never fails to put a smile in my face regardless of what traffic I am in. The new version of i drive is so much better and easy to use. Finally, they caught up with the Japanese delivery of easy to use technology. This car is a testament to BMW's claim as the ultimate driving machine.

2011 135i w DCT
By msr635 on 06/09/10 19:35 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up my car tonight. Space gray metallic with black interior, M Package and DCT. This thing is insane!! Traded a Z4 3.0i for this and it makes the Z4 feel like a 4 cylinder. The engine and transmission are amazing. The engine is extremely responsive and the DCT is very crisp. Interior is very comfortable and the ride is taunt. It is impossible to view this as an entry level car, too nice, too fast, too fun!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe in VA is:

$166 per month*