Used 2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Buyers Beware!
By K. Sewell

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2011 135i used. Huge mistake! While the car is easy on the eyes, it is rough on the bank account. Within 1 month of buying this car, I had to shell out $1,000 to have the pulleys replaced due to squealing. I drove the car less than 3 months when the headlights went out. It's a cook $4500 to replace these babies. Next (about 2 months later), the thermostat goes out while I am in traffic in Atlanta. This repair hit me for another $1200. The car has a problem with rough idle where it will almost stall at red lights while sitting still (with or without the AC on). I have taken the car to the shop twice only to be told that it is "bad gas". What a lame response for "I have no clue." Most recent repair was an oil leak that costs me $610 and the tech says I need to replace the oil pan - another $1300. Currently, I am tolerating the rough idle (because they have no clue) and the pulleys that were not replaced are squealing really bad. I hate this car. It's my third and FINAL BMW. I will never buy another BMW and highly recommend that you do not either.

Love my tanning machine!
By Dd

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving this car with the top down as much as possible. If climate change, it just takes a second to put the top up, well maybe two ! I get compliments on the car often . If you want to have passengers or lots of storage, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a great ride, this is it. I used to drive a winding canyon every day to go to work. Great way to start and end my day just love it!

Best Car I Have Owned
By tampafriends

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I now have 33,000 miles on my 2011 128i Coupe with automatic.
I have not had one problem with this car.
The only time it has been back to the dealer is for its scheduled maintenance.
It is solid as a rock, and very fast!
I average almost 24mpg overall and that is after a combined city and highway average.
I have owned it since Dec 2010 and have to say I will miss it when the lease is up this Dec.
Someone is going to get a stellar Certified Used Car.

I've looked at some of the complaints here and have to say I have had none!
Not one!

The power to weight ratio is fantastic. 0-60 in under 6 seconds. The fun to drive quotient is extraordinary!

The paint chips too easily. I was told BMW made a change in the paint to lighten the vehicle and to be more environmentally friendly. Get rid of run flat tires! They really do suck! Put a spare back in and put decent tires on the car. They are expensive and if you do get a flat they can be hard to find, especially if traveling off the beaten path.

BMW says do not put groceries in your trunk!!!
By rogue5139

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Whatever you do, do not put groceries in the trunk. I have found out the hard way. BMW has had issues with people putting items that may leak in the trunk and shorting out the car. My car is in the shop with such issues (or so they say). BMW customer service told me today that you should not put groceries or anything of such in your trunk. Why was I not told this when I bought the car.

Put together with tape and super glue
By woodthrush

2011 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new in October 2011 from a dealership in Richmond. My assumption was the BMW brand meant that even though it is an entry level series, the car would be quality. I was wrong. It's not even 2 years old and is falling apart. So far, my driver side window broke because it randomly had debris in it, the tail light has fallen off twice, the passenger seat panel ripped off when a friend tried to move the seat back and the lights on the radio fade in the heat. I am very careful with this car, rarely have passengers, ALWAYS hand wash/wax it myself and yet it has all these problems. My next car will be a Honda before the warranty ends on this one.

When things aren't falling off the outside of the car, it looks beautiful. Features are limited on my model other than a sunroof and iPod hookup which I enjoy.

Poor production standards on cosmetic items for this car should be evaluated for the next model.