Used 2011 BMW 1 Series 128i Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Love my tanning machine!
By Dd

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving this car with the top down as much as possible. If climate change, it just takes a second to put the top up, well maybe two ! I get compliments on the car often . If you want to have passengers or lots of storage, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a great ride, this is it. I used to drive a winding canyon every day to go to work. Great way to start and end my day just love it!

Best Car I Have Owned
By tampafriends

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I now have 33,000 miles on my 2011 128i Coupe with automatic.
I have not had one problem with this car.
The only time it has been back to the dealer is for its scheduled maintenance.
It is solid as a rock, and very fast!
I average almost 24mpg overall and that is after a combined city and highway average.
I have owned it since Dec 2010 and have to say I will miss it when the lease is up this Dec.
Someone is going to get a stellar Certified Used Car.

I've looked at some of the complaints here and have to say I have had none!
Not one!

The power to weight ratio is fantastic. 0-60 in under 6 seconds. The fun to drive quotient is extraordinary!

The paint chips too easily. I was told BMW made a change in the paint to lighten the vehicle and to be more environmentally friendly. Get rid of run flat tires! They really do suck! Put a spare back in and put decent tires on the car. They are expensive and if you do get a flat they can be hard to find, especially if traveling off the beaten path.

BMW says do not put groceries in your trunk!!!
By rogue5139

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Whatever you do, do not put groceries in the trunk. I have found out the hard way. BMW has had issues with people putting items that may leak in the trunk and shorting out the car. My car is in the shop with such issues (or so they say). BMW customer service told me today that you should not put groceries or anything of such in your trunk. Why was I not told this when I bought the car.

Put together with tape and super glue
By woodthrush

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new in October 2011 from a dealership in Richmond. My assumption was the BMW brand meant that even though it is an entry level series, the car would be quality. I was wrong. It's not even 2 years old and is falling apart. So far, my driver side window broke because it randomly had debris in it, the tail light has fallen off twice, the passenger seat panel ripped off when a friend tried to move the seat back and the lights on the radio fade in the heat. I am very careful with this car, rarely have passengers, ALWAYS hand wash/wax it myself and yet it has all these problems. My next car will be a Honda before the warranty ends on this one.

When things aren't falling off the outside of the car, it looks beautiful. Features are limited on my model other than a sunroof and iPod hookup which I enjoy.

Poor production standards on cosmetic items for this car should be evaluated for the next model.

Love IT
By ososdeoro

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's great that the "starter" car is truly a BMW, not just a chintzed out shell of the more expensive versions. Leased a 128i and the engine and steering are exquisite. And while the Edmunds review suggests that one needs the sports seats for comfort, the regular ones with leather are much, much more comfortable than the ones on my previous car, an Audi A3 with the sports pkg. Three years ago BMW navigation had a poor reputation, but the one on this car is great - just as good as Audi's. Standard stereo is fine. Cabin noise is nice and low, with the exception of the supersonic window defroster.

Aside from the obvious, the fact that one can put the back seats down using release latches in the trunk. Since I play the cello, that's a great thing! Engine, feel, suspension, all awesome. I like the looks of the 1 better than the 3 also, but that's just me probably.

Not much room for improvement, actually. Perhaps wider cup-holders, a center console that makes a little more sense (maybe I'll get used to it). Bluetooth as an OPTION? In 2011? Feh.