Used 2011 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Buyers Beware!
By K. Sewell

2011 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a 2011 135i used. Huge mistake! While the car is easy on the eyes, it is rough on the bank account. Within 1 month of buying this car, I had to shell out $1,000 to have the pulleys replaced due to squealing. I drove the car less than 3 months when the headlights went out. It's a cook $4500 to replace these babies. Next (about 2 months later), the thermostat goes out while I am in traffic in Atlanta. This repair hit me for another $1200. The car has a problem with rough idle where it will almost stall at red lights while sitting still (with or without the AC on). I have taken the car to the shop twice only to be told that it is "bad gas". What a lame response for "I have no clue." Most recent repair was an oil leak that costs me $610 and the tech says I need to replace the oil pan - another $1300. Currently, I am tolerating the rough idle (because they have no clue) and the pulleys that were not replaced are squealing really bad. I hate this car. It's my third and FINAL BMW. I will never buy another BMW and highly recommend that you do not either.

Love my tanning machine!
By Dd

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I enjoy driving this car with the top down as much as possible. If climate change, it just takes a second to put the top up, well maybe two ! I get compliments on the car often . If you want to have passengers or lots of storage, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a great ride, this is it. I used to drive a winding canyon every day to go to work. Great way to start and end my day just love it!

Best Car I Have Owned
By tampafriends

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I now have 33,000 miles on my 2011 128i Coupe with automatic.
I have not had one problem with this car.
The only time it has been back to the dealer is for its scheduled maintenance.
It is solid as a rock, and very fast!
I average almost 24mpg overall and that is after a combined city and highway average.
I have owned it since Dec 2010 and have to say I will miss it when the lease is up this Dec.
Someone is going to get a stellar Certified Used Car.

I've looked at some of the complaints here and have to say I have had none!
Not one!

The power to weight ratio is fantastic. 0-60 in under 6 seconds. The fun to drive quotient is extraordinary!

The paint chips too easily. I was told BMW made a change in the paint to lighten the vehicle and to be more environmentally friendly. Get rid of run flat tires! They really do suck! Put a spare back in and put decent tires on the car. They are expensive and if you do get a flat they can be hard to find, especially if traveling off the beaten path.

Exactly what I have been looking for!
By bwschubert

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been searching for a RWD convertible with a manual transmission for some time now and while test driving all the usual suspects in the same price range (new and used) my 128i was the obvious choice. I wouldn't mind a 135 for the significantly increased grunt, but there was no such car available- either new and too expensive or used and too old and out of warranty. Nevertheless the linearity of the naturally aspirated I-6 makes running up to the 7000rpm redline a pleasure, especially with the top down. While true value is debatable (I don't know if I could ever justify the full sticker price of a new one) the build quality, ergonomics and all around driving experience is worth it to me

Smooth engine, a pleasurable manual transmission, great interior quality and design, amazing seat adjustments and comfort level, great HK sound system and nuclear powered heated seats.

The all orange dashboard lighting does not scream luxury. In a couple years I would look forward to checking out a 328 that has the new turbo charged I-4 to help close the grunt gap between that and the 335.

BMW says do not put groceries in your trunk!!!
By rogue5139

2011 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Whatever you do, do not put groceries in the trunk. I have found out the hard way. BMW has had issues with people putting items that may leak in the trunk and shorting out the car. My car is in the shop with such issues (or so they say). BMW customer service told me today that you should not put groceries or anything of such in your trunk. Why was I not told this when I bought the car.