Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Better than a bloated 3 series!
By cb

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do you miss the 3 series of old? Tired of driving a sporty Buick? The 128i will reconnect you with what driving a BMW is suppose to be: Awesome!

Lots of engine for such a small car!!!
By Zach Abelardo

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The result is a truly impressive power-to-weight ratio. BMW used their time-tested inline six, with bulletproof reliability and hits it out of the park. I also tested a new, 2015 Audi A3 and the 128i still runs circles around it. Where else can you get Porsche Boxster performance for under $30,000? Nowhere...that's where!

If this car cannot get your blood boiling.....you're already DEAD.

Never Turning Back
By bimmerfan19

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 9k miles on this car since 12/2012, and from day 1, I became a BELIEVER. This car is the Benchmark of what any car under $100,000 should feel like. I've literally had ZERO issues with this car, which I find quite surprising since I drive it like I stole it 90% of the time. Long trips are very comfortable, short trips very manageable. The twin turbos have ZERO lag, and the handling is razor sharp. The breaking will have your eyes oozing out it's sockets. It feels like every grain on the road comes through the steering wheel. It's Definitely a Highway car, although I look forward to a drag challenge. Word of caution however...a gasoline sipper, it is NOT.

Brutal torque, heart beating handling and eye catching design.

Would have been great if it could synch to my Android blue tooth MP3's...

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

Mine came with all the packages, sans the navi. Why bother with it these days if you have a smart phone right? I can't say there is anything I don't like about. Coming out of a larger vehicle, I really like the size and the power even in the 128 at 230hp is ABUNDANT. I have the paddle shifters and the great thing about them is that you don't have to mess with the console shifter to work with them. Make your decision, press to downshift, floor and launch. My only complaint will come as I sign on the dotted line for my first speeding ticket :(

As was previously mentioned, the standard sound system, while listed as having 10 speakers, actually only has 6. Two rear, two door and two subs in the floor under the seats. I thought this would really be a bother coming from a vehicle that speakers coming from every space and surround sound, but it's tolerable and sounds the best when utilizing the ipod side of my iPhone. They could have added in some tweeters on the doors at least

MY 2010 BMW 135i Coupe
By jmlbmw

2010 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 4th BMW since 2001 and by far my least favorite. This is due to the fact that it took a year to get my car running properly. There are major issues with the fuel pump and turbos that require either software upgrades or complete replacement. There are 2 class action lawsuits dealing with this issue which has caused the value of my car to drop over 10 grand in just 1 year. I also had multiple paint issues that have finally been made right and my car now looks like it should have at delivery a year ago. I blame the dealership for this and for not standing behind the car in the beginning. It's too bad that not all BMW dealerships are created equal. Also, the fuel mileage is poor!

Fast, Great Handling, Better Looking then a 3 Series, Solid, Great BMW Performance Options, Nice Engine Upgrades which don't void the warranty.

Better Fuel Pump for Better Fuel Mileage, Better Quality Interior Pieces,