Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 1 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Trophy Wife
By tasseltoosh

2010 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My BMW is what was promised: "The Ultimate Driving machine". It's fast, fun and flirty. However..... This car is for the person who would be willing to support a trophy wife (or pool boy). It's gorgeous and the envy of all, but she continually wants new things and things cost!! Beware, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Tires - runflats. Nice thought, but they ride rough. Replacement is $350 each and meant to last only 35,000 miles. They go "flat" rather easily. (Three flats in 6 months) I had a complete blow out after hitting a pothole. Cost vs trade-in value is not what I expected.

Favorite Features

Speed. Acceleration. Sound of acceleration & gear change. Front seats (both fronts adjust and heat multiple ways) - NOT the back which is a great place to put a shopping bag, child or your mother-in-law. Color. Trim. Trunk space. Ease of putting the top down. GPS link-up, although prone to blowing fuses. Envy of friends. Good mid-life car, except: tires, heating, ride, noise, cup holders, minimal bells and whistles, not-recommended by BMW navigation, minimal storage, interior quality. Fun, but frustrating.

Suggested Improvements

Tires - ridiculous. Ride could be better. Heat - dash heat is effective at 84. If turned back to 82, the AC comes on to cool down. Any lower setting will be cool air. (Declared normal.) Foot well heat works like a champ and may result in third degree burns before entire car is warm. Cup holders - Driver's is good. Passenger's requires lifting the armrest resulting in contents sliding out of place. iPod linked well. Telephone will not link. (Common on non-iPhones) No cupholders or vents in back. Door storage is not user friendly. Interior materials (mats, leather, steering wheel) show wear after 2.5 yrs. (no kids). Traded for Toyota with better ride, less noise, more bells, $20,000 savings.

The one
By coach25

2010 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car I have ever owned. Excellent fit and finish. But, it's the performance that really is the kicker. Have had three BMW's and this is the best. It is number one.

Favorite Features

M package, DCT, and the twin turbos

Suggested Improvements

RFT, I don't care for the run flat tires.

Makes us feel younger
By malcolm

2010 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2010 convertible replaced our 2007 series 3 sedan. Feels the same as I drive it around southern Florida. With the top down I feel about twenty years younger and it is a fun drive. Tight turns, great acceleration, the joy of cruising around has reappeared. Cost was similar to my series three car. Blue tooth option is a must. Safety features abound.

Favorite Features

The look the styling, the comfort. It is a convertible you can be proud of. Gas mileage is fine. Reliability is a BMW trademark.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat room is questionable. But I do not plan to sit back there. My young grandchildren will have enough room.

Love It
By Craig

2010 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 128i convertible loaded and have it for now approx 1.5 years. I cant tell you how much I love this car. In the summer I am pretty much the envy of all. Car runs great (plenty of testosterone so to speak), feels great behind the wheel, has a stunning look, and consistently has averaged 21-24 mpg. Overall, love the car and consider it a great buy. One more thing. The dealer has been great in answering any questions I have and taking care of all the FREE service. I plan on keeping this car a long time.

Favorite Features

The look, feel, and how it handles on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Only one....the cupholder needs improvement.