Used 2010 BMW 1 Series 128i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

Mine came with all the packages, sans the navi. Why bother with it these days if you have a smart phone right? I can't say there is anything I don't like about. Coming out of a larger vehicle, I really like the size and the power even in the 128 at 230hp is ABUNDANT. I have the paddle shifters and the great thing about them is that you don't have to mess with the console shifter to work with them. Make your decision, press to downshift, floor and launch. My only complaint will come as I sign on the dotted line for my first speeding ticket :(

As was previously mentioned, the standard sound system, while listed as having 10 speakers, actually only has 6. Two rear, two door and two subs in the floor under the seats. I thought this would really be a bother coming from a vehicle that speakers coming from every space and surround sound, but it's tolerable and sounds the best when utilizing the ipod side of my iPhone. They could have added in some tweeters on the doors at least

Bach, Beethoven & Brahms...
By Rusty

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

... are moaning in their graves at the standard sound system. It lacks power, the little speakers in the doors sound like transistor radios, and the player always defaults to radio, so you get a blast of static or commercial noise whenever you start the car or eject a CD. (Last year's standard system included 10 speakers; in 2010 I count six.) The weak dollar apparently has caused BMW also to eliminate last year's standard moonroof. So the price point has been maintained, but you get less car. That said, it is a sharp little machine, my first BMW.

The car feels tight in your hands. It seems almost to "know" your driving intentions. And the automatic wipers and headlights are conveniently intuitive. Accelerating and braking are smooth. Visibility is good. Driver's seat, firm and comfortable. Fine little car for one or two people.

BMW should listen to the Bose sound system in a ten-year-old Nissan Maxima then give the 128 comparable treatment. Also, the driver needs a convenient place to store a handful of CDs. Finally, BMW should include floor mats so customers don't have to play frustrating games with dealers.