Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Bmw 1-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Never Turning Back
By bimmerfan19

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 9k miles on this car since 12/2012, and from day 1, I became a BELIEVER. This car is the Benchmark of what any car under $100,000 should feel like. I've literally had ZERO issues with this car, which I find quite surprising since I drive it like I stole it 90% of the time. Long trips are very comfortable, short trips very manageable. The twin turbos have ZERO lag, and the handling is razor sharp. The breaking will have your eyes oozing out it's sockets. It feels like every grain on the road comes through the steering wheel. It's Definitely a Highway car, although I look forward to a drag challenge. Word of caution however...a gasoline sipper, it is NOT.

Favorite Features

Brutal torque, heart beating handling and eye catching design.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been great if it could synch to my Android blue tooth MP3's...

Trophy Wife
By tasseltoosh

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My BMW is what was promised: "The Ultimate Driving machine". It's fast, fun and flirty. However..... This car is for the person who would be willing to support a trophy wife (or pool boy). It's gorgeous and the envy of all, but she continually wants new things and things cost!! Beware, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Tires - runflats. Nice thought, but they ride rough. Replacement is $350 each and meant to last only 35,000 miles. They go "flat" rather easily. (Three flats in 6 months) I had a complete blow out after hitting a pothole. Cost vs trade-in value is not what I expected.

Favorite Features

Speed. Acceleration. Sound of acceleration & gear change. Front seats (both fronts adjust and heat multiple ways) - NOT the back which is a great place to put a shopping bag, child or your mother-in-law. Color. Trim. Trunk space. Ease of putting the top down. GPS link-up, although prone to blowing fuses. Envy of friends. Good mid-life car, except: tires, heating, ride, noise, cup holders, minimal bells and whistles, not-recommended by BMW navigation, minimal storage, interior quality. Fun, but frustrating.

Suggested Improvements

Tires - ridiculous. Ride could be better. Heat - dash heat is effective at 84. If turned back to 82, the AC comes on to cool down. Any lower setting will be cool air. (Declared normal.) Foot well heat works like a champ and may result in third degree burns before entire car is warm. Cup holders - Driver's is good. Passenger's requires lifting the armrest resulting in contents sliding out of place. iPod linked well. Telephone will not link. (Common on non-iPhones) No cupholders or vents in back. Door storage is not user friendly. Interior materials (mats, leather, steering wheel) show wear after 2.5 yrs. (no kids). Traded for Toyota with better ride, less noise, more bells, $20,000 savings.

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

Favorite Features

Mine came with all the packages, sans the navi. Why bother with it these days if you have a smart phone right? I can't say there is anything I don't like about. Coming out of a larger vehicle, I really like the size and the power even in the 128 at 230hp is ABUNDANT. I have the paddle shifters and the great thing about them is that you don't have to mess with the console shifter to work with them. Make your decision, press to downshift, floor and launch. My only complaint will come as I sign on the dotted line for my first speeding ticket :(

Suggested Improvements

As was previously mentioned, the standard sound system, while listed as having 10 speakers, actually only has 6. Two rear, two door and two subs in the floor under the seats. I thought this would really be a bother coming from a vehicle that speakers coming from every space and surround sound, but it's tolerable and sounds the best when utilizing the ipod side of my iPhone. They could have added in some tweeters on the doors at least

The one
By coach25

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car I have ever owned. Excellent fit and finish. But, it's the performance that really is the kicker. Have had three BMW's and this is the best. It is number one.

Favorite Features

M package, DCT, and the twin turbos

Suggested Improvements

RFT, I don't care for the run flat tires.

MY 2010 BMW 135i Coupe
By jmlbmw

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 4th BMW since 2001 and by far my least favorite. This is due to the fact that it took a year to get my car running properly. There are major issues with the fuel pump and turbos that require either software upgrades or complete replacement. There are 2 class action lawsuits dealing with this issue which has caused the value of my car to drop over 10 grand in just 1 year. I also had multiple paint issues that have finally been made right and my car now looks like it should have at delivery a year ago. I blame the dealership for this and for not standing behind the car in the beginning. It's too bad that not all BMW dealerships are created equal. Also, the fuel mileage is poor!

Favorite Features

Fast, Great Handling, Better Looking then a 3 Series, Solid, Great BMW Performance Options, Nice Engine Upgrades which don't void the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Better Fuel Pump for Better Fuel Mileage, Better Quality Interior Pieces,