2010 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Never Turning Back
By bimmerfan19 on 05/15/13 15:45 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 9k miles on this car since 12/2012, and from day 1, I became a BELIEVER. This car is the Benchmark of what any car under $100,000 should feel like. I've literally had ZERO issues with this car, which I find quite surprising since I drive it like I stole it 90% of the time. Long trips are very comfortable, short trips very manageable. The twin turbos have ZERO lag, and the handling is razor sharp. The breaking will have your eyes oozing out it's sockets. It feels like every grain on the road comes through the steering wheel. It's Definitely a Highway car, although I look forward to a drag challenge. Word of caution however...a gasoline sipper, it is NOT.

Trophy Wife
By tasseltoosh on 12/30/12 12:08 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My BMW is what was promised: "The Ultimate Driving machine". It's fast, fun and flirty. However..... This car is for the person who would be willing to support a trophy wife (or pool boy). It's gorgeous and the envy of all, but she continually wants new things and things cost!! Beware, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Tires - runflats. Nice thought, but they ride rough. Replacement is $350 each and meant to last only 35,000 miles. They go "flat" rather easily. (Three flats in 6 months) I had a complete blow out after hitting a pothole. Cost vs trade-in value is not what I expected.

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8 on 07/13/11 13:30 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

The one
By coach25 on 04/12/11 21:26 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car I have ever owned. Excellent fit and finish. But, it's the performance that really is the kicker. Have had three BMW's and this is the best. It is number one.

MY 2010 BMW 135i Coupe
By jmlbmw on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 4th BMW since 2001 and by far my least favorite. This is due to the fact that it took a year to get my car running properly. There are major issues with the fuel pump and turbos that require either software upgrades or complete replacement. There are 2 class action lawsuits dealing with this issue which has caused the value of my car to drop over 10 grand in just 1 year. I also had multiple paint issues that have finally been made right and my car now looks like it should have at delivery a year ago. I blame the dealership for this and for not standing behind the car in the beginning. It's too bad that not all BMW dealerships are created equal. Also, the fuel mileage is poor!

All sorts of fun, quick
By Zimmy on 04/10/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Having had a 2008 Z4 Roadster before this, I was looking for my next BMW to be more practical yet still wanted it to be fun and fast. I got that and more in the 135i Coupe. Fuel Mileage is not as important to me but fares quite well. The car handles very well (as you would expect from BMW) however the front end does have more push than I would like when driven hard. Slightly tires from the 335i would fix that I presume. The M sport package looks great and the sounds from the exhaust are almost musical. My favorite BMW to date!

Makes us feel younger
By malcolm on 01/31/10 20:30 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2010 convertible replaced our 2007 series 3 sedan. Feels the same as I drive it around southern Florida. With the top down I feel about twenty years younger and it is a fun drive. Tight turns, great acceleration, the joy of cruising around has reappeared. Cost was similar to my series three car. Blue tooth option is a must. Safety features abound.

Love It
By Craig on 01/16/10 04:14 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 2008 128i convertible loaded and have it for now approx 1.5 years. I cant tell you how much I love this car. In the summer I am pretty much the envy of all. Car runs great (plenty of testosterone so to speak), feels great behind the wheel, has a stunning look, and consistently has averaged 21-24 mpg. Overall, love the car and consider it a great buy. One more thing. The dealer has been great in answering any questions I have and taking care of all the FREE service. I plan on keeping this car a long time.

My fourth BMW...
By jmlbmw on 12/05/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was going to $25,000.00 more for a new M3 Coupe but decided on the 135i instead. It was a wise choice for several reasons. This car is as fast as my 2007 M Coupe that I turned in after a two year lease. In fact, it's faster in 2nd gear then the M. The twin turbos are smooth and there is NO turbo lag. The 135i is not only fast but it has a very smooth and quite ride. The car handles extremely well and there is a great engine sound when you get on the go pedal. The 135i is really an M car for all intents and purposes! There are so many after-market options available through BMW Performance, that you can really have the power and performance of an M.

So far, So Good
By billinaz on 12/01/09 15:57 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW, on the recommendation of a friend. So far the car has performed, twin turbo puts you back in the seat. No interior noise (loose parts). Handles great, good build quality. I picked one with the sport package (well worth it), Ipod, and prem package. I plan on taking it for a long road trip to Vegas in the next month, will report back how it did then.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 1 Series in VA is:

$131 per month*