Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW 1 Series

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Better than a bloated 3 series!
By cb

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do you miss the 3 series of old? Tired of driving a sporty Buick? The 128i will reconnect you with what driving a BMW is suppose to be: Awesome!

Lots of engine for such a small car!!!
By Zach Abelardo

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The result is a truly impressive power-to-weight ratio. BMW used their time-tested inline six, with bulletproof reliability and hits it out of the park. I also tested a new, 2015 Audi A3 and the 128i still runs circles around it. Where else can you get Porsche Boxster performance for under $30,000? Nowhere...that's where!

If this car cannot get your blood boiling.....you're already DEAD.

Never Turning Back
By bimmerfan19

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've put 9k miles on this car since 12/2012, and from day 1, I became a BELIEVER. This car is the Benchmark of what any car under $100,000 should feel like. I've literally had ZERO issues with this car, which I find quite surprising since I drive it like I stole it 90% of the time. Long trips are very comfortable, short trips very manageable. The twin turbos have ZERO lag, and the handling is razor sharp. The breaking will have your eyes oozing out it's sockets. It feels like every grain on the road comes through the steering wheel. It's Definitely a Highway car, although I look forward to a drag challenge. Word of caution however...a gasoline sipper, it is NOT.

Brutal torque, heart beating handling and eye catching design.

Would have been great if it could synch to my Android blue tooth MP3's...

Trophy Wife
By tasseltoosh

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My BMW is what was promised: "The Ultimate Driving machine". It's fast, fun and flirty. However.....

This car is for the person who would be willing to support a trophy wife (or pool boy). It's gorgeous and the envy of all, but she continually wants new things and things cost!! Beware, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Tires - runflats. Nice thought, but they ride rough. Replacement is $350 each and meant to last only 35,000 miles. They go "flat" rather easily. (Three flats in 6 months)
I had a complete blow out after hitting a pothole.

Cost vs trade-in value is not what I expected.

Speed. Acceleration. Sound of acceleration & gear change. Front seats (both fronts adjust and heat multiple ways) - NOT the back which is a great place to put a shopping bag, child or your mother-in-law. Color. Trim. Trunk space. Ease of putting the top down. GPS link-up, although prone to blowing fuses. Envy of friends. Good mid-life car, except: tires, heating, ride, noise, cup holders, minimal bells and whistles, not-recommended by BMW navigation, minimal storage, interior quality. Fun, but frustrating.

Tires - ridiculous. Ride could be better. Heat - dash heat is effective at 84. If turned back to 82, the AC comes on to cool down. Any lower setting will be cool air. (Declared normal.) Foot well heat works like a champ and may result in third degree burns before entire car is warm. Cup holders - Driver's is good. Passenger's requires lifting the armrest resulting in contents sliding out of place. iPod linked well. Telephone will not link. (Common on non-iPhones) No cupholders or vents in back. Door storage is not user friendly. Interior materials (mats, leather, steering wheel) show wear after 2.5 yrs. (no kids). Traded for Toyota with better ride, less noise, more bells, $20,000 savings.

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

Mine came with all the packages, sans the navi. Why bother with it these days if you have a smart phone right? I can't say there is anything I don't like about. Coming out of a larger vehicle, I really like the size and the power even in the 128 at 230hp is ABUNDANT. I have the paddle shifters and the great thing about them is that you don't have to mess with the console shifter to work with them. Make your decision, press to downshift, floor and launch. My only complaint will come as I sign on the dotted line for my first speeding ticket :(

As was previously mentioned, the standard sound system, while listed as having 10 speakers, actually only has 6. Two rear, two door and two subs in the floor under the seats. I thought this would really be a bother coming from a vehicle that speakers coming from every space and surround sound, but it's tolerable and sounds the best when utilizing the ipod side of my iPhone. They could have added in some tweeters on the doors at least