2009 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: Thriller!

2009 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

135i Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

By Greg D. on

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

OMG! I bought my black on black 2009 BMW 135i coupe a little over a month ago and have put ~1600 miles on it to date. This is THE most fun car to drive that I have ever owned. I have owned more powerful cars, more comfortable cars and better handling (just a little!) cars but this is the first time that it has all come in the same small package. Plenty of low-end torque and horsepower, reasonable gas mileage (if I keep my foot out of it which is impossible!), comfortable on long trips and around town and absolutely gorgeous looks. I was at the racetrack recently and my car was parked next to much more expensive and exotic cars and guess which car got the most attention? The 135i!

Torque, horsepower, handling, looks, comfort, 6 speed manual transmission, excellent brakes, performance package and the thrill factor! Also, there are not many of these on the road so you don't see yourself coming and going like the 3, 5, or 7 series. I can't wait to do a track day with this car!

The standard radio really stinks considering sound systems available today... BMW should do better. Finding one with the 6 speed manual transmission was almost impossible. Finding one with the other options that I wanted (upgraded stereo and power seats) was difficult without a several month wait.