2009 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: 135 vs a4 cabriolet

2009 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

135i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

135 vs a4 cabriolet
By verne rind on

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2002 Audi TT roadster, my wife was concerned over its size, I bought a 2005 Audi A4 cabriolet 3.0 FWD sport package and CVT trans. It was a good cruiser but too polite, it always felt heavy. I just bought a 2009 BMW 135i convertible, Sport package premium package with 6 spd. I love this car. I think the criticism of the 1 series stems from the base models some can look a bit plain. In sport trim they are beautiful. A friend has a 2010 boxter S and could not walk away from me. I was looking for a BMW 335 and after several test drive I went for the 135 It answers all I wanted 300 hp plus 4 seats when i need it, and you don't see it on every corner. FABULOUS!

300 hp 6 sp, sport wheel tire package, ride is firm but not punishing, (I live in the Midwest, potholes everywhere) sport seats, quality feel to all you touch. I am the perpetual shopper. The text from my daughter while I was at the dealer was "just buy it" she is wise beyond her years.

at this price why can't they include the windscreen? AUDI does it really makes a difference, I am looking for one now. alarm and convenience package should be standard with premium package, ( or am I just cheap?) don't answer that.