2009 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: My favorite car

2009 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

135i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

My favorite car
By JamesE on

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third BMW, my first was a 320i in college. My last car was a 2001 325CI. I found the 325 the antithesis of the 320, it was bloated. I was hoping that this car would be a modern 320. It's not, its still too heavy. But honestly with this engine, I could care less. I didn't think that I "needed" a 135, but a got a great deal on one and took it. I still don't need this much power but it is a blast to have. The handling blows everything I have ever driven away, a lot of my friends have M3s and honestly I think this handles better and it rides way way better. The iPod, Bluetooth, all the goodies are well designed and work perfectly. I'm waiting for a disappointment but haven't found it yet.

Engine. This engine is something else. Get the goodies, BMW should make them standard, but I think that this car is selling so slowly that you should be able to get them for free if you deal.

More interior storage. Its ugly, I got mine in black with the Sport Package so it kind of hides the lines, but its ugly on the outside.