2009 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: My favorite car

2009 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

128i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

My favorite car
By JamesE on

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW, my first was a 320i in college. My last car was a 2001 325CI. I found the 325 the antithesis of the 320, it was bloated. I was hoping that this car would be a modern 320. It's not, its still too heavy. But honestly with this engine, I could care less. I didn't think that I "needed" a 135, but a got a great deal on one and took it. I still don't need this much power but it is a blast to have. The handling blows everything I have ever driven away, a lot of my friends have M3s and honestly I think this handles better and it rides way way better. The iPod, Bluetooth, all the goodies are well designed and work perfectly. I'm waiting for a disappointment but haven't found it yet.

Engine. This engine is something else. Get the goodies, BMW should make them standard, but I think that this car is selling so slowly that you should be able to get them for free if you deal.

More interior storage. Its ugly, I got mine in black with the Sport Package so it kind of hides the lines, but its ugly on the outside.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review