Feat of eng. & a work of art
By arnoldisnumerouno on
2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Simply, I love this car. The 128i has plenty of power and the handling is second to none. Shifting is incredibly smooth and you can stop on a dime. There's nothing I would change about this car performance-wise. The 1 series exterior look may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it is beautiful. And I think BMW's interiors are the best in the business. Plus, there's a million 3 series on the road, why not have something unique? I gave slightly lower marks on the comfort only due to the small backseat. I never have anyone in the backseat so it didn't make a difference to me, but for anyone who needs to drive others should take this into consideration.
Favorite Features
The attention to details! Simple and elegant interior w/ the classic amber BMW lighting. I think the armrest is in the perfect position for shifting. Perfect size/thickness steering wheel. Great sound system. Very accurate automatic temperature control.
Suggested Improvements
Gas tank could be two gallons bigger. Can't see the top of the gauges with the steering wheel in lowest position. Interior door handle too far up and is difficult to push open. All very minor issues, imo.