Used 2009 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

My favorite car
By JamesE

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third BMW, my first was a 320i in college. My last car was a 2001 325CI. I found the 325 the antithesis of the 320, it was bloated. I was hoping that this car would be a modern 320. It's not, its still too heavy. But honestly with this engine, I could care less. I didn't think that I "needed" a 135, but a got a great deal on one and took it. I still don't need this much power but it is a blast to have. The handling blows everything I have ever driven away, a lot of my friends have M3s and honestly I think this handles better and it rides way way better. The iPod, Bluetooth, all the goodies are well designed and work perfectly. I'm waiting for a disappointment but haven't found it yet.

Engine. This engine is something else. Get the goodies, BMW should make them standard, but I think that this car is selling so slowly that you should be able to get them for free if you deal.

More interior storage. Its ugly, I got mine in black with the Sport Package so it kind of hides the lines, but its ugly on the outside.

135 vs a4 cabriolet
By verne rind

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a 2002 Audi TT roadster, my wife was concerned over its size, I bought a 2005 Audi A4 cabriolet 3.0 FWD sport package and CVT trans. It was a good cruiser but too polite, it always felt heavy. I just bought a 2009 BMW 135i convertible, Sport package premium package with 6 spd. I love this car. I think the criticism of the 1 series stems from the base models some can look a bit plain. In sport trim they are beautiful. A friend has a 2010 boxter S and could not walk away from me. I was looking for a BMW 335 and after several test drive I went for the 135 It answers all I wanted 300 hp plus 4 seats when i need it, and you don't see it on every corner. FABULOUS!

300 hp 6 sp, sport wheel tire package, ride is firm but not punishing, (I live in the Midwest, potholes everywhere) sport seats, quality feel to all you touch. I am the perpetual shopper. The text from my daughter while I was at the dealer was "just buy it" she is wise beyond her years.

at this price why can't they include the windscreen? AUDI does it really makes a difference, I am looking for one now. alarm and convenience package should be standard with premium package, ( or am I just cheap?) don't answer that.

The Perfect Size
By Michael

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I eagerly awaited the debut of the 1 series here in the states after having read much about the European model. After test driving the 1, it was clear that it would become my new driver. Beautiful throaty exhaust note, rock solid build quality and the legendary BMW straight six makes it a dream drive! I much prefer the size of the 1 series over that of the 3, and to me, it is the spiritual successor to the original 2002.

Gorgeous coral red leather, integrated iPod connectivity, and BlueTooth. I also opted for the HD radio.

A tweak here and there (perhaps 7 speed transmission) to get a bit better gas mileage.

A Real Enthusiast car
By Barry J

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

In the past I owned four BMW e46 M3s and they were all exhilarating to drive with awesome performance. The 135i I now own is as fun to drive as the e46 M3 beating it out just slightly from a performance standpoint, which says a lot about the 135i. It's a smaller car than I usually own, but it's nimble and sticks to the road like glue. The large brakes are definitely needed to stop this beast when it's hauling down the highway, and the exhaust growl when driving in Sport Mode is an aural pleasure. Fuel economy is okay, just about the same on the e46 M3, but my wife's 335i coupe gets a lot more MPG.

Performance, acceleration, braking.

A little better interior styling.

BMW 135i
By JaxbeachFL 135i

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Options m sport package, leather, upgraded stereo, cold weather, automatic transmission, bluetooth, I initially wanted one with a manual transmission and an ipod only but it was nearly impossible to find one. I've driven it for 3 months and it has been fantastic. The engine is amazing, the suspension wonderful, and the handling razor sharp. my biggest complaints ... I initially thought it was ugly... but it grew on me... road nice can be loud. I worry about BMW reliability. a few squeaks and rattles...

Engine Handling bluetooth