2009 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Sport, yet refined
By james on 09/04/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a Honda civic, so naturally am impressed with the handling of this well made auto. It has plenty of power, with excellent cornering and braking. Everyone in the family says it makes me look younger!

Love my 128i
By SciFiChick on 08/28/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What can you say about a car that makes your eyes tear up when you look at it? The styling is retro enough to make you skip a heartbeat, yet new enough to make you double your heartbeats. The performance is top notch (with the Sports package of course). It's fun to drive, fast, and BEAUTIFUL to look at.

An Expensive 1 or Inexpensive M?
By RJ on 08/17/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW, and prior to this, I had hardly ever ridden in a BMW. This car is simply amazing. When you see the sticker price, you'll quickly realize that you are not at the local Hyundai dealership, but when you hit the gas, you won't likely recall anything from Korea, Japan, or Detroit with the driving dynamics of this Bavarian masterpiece. I'm not claiming the vehicle is "perfect," but it's as close to perfect a vehicle as I've ever found. Even the notoriously picky Consumer Reports gave the 135i the highest rating in its respective class. That "trademark" BMW straight six force fed by two turbos is simply exhilarating.

Great Car... Really
By gman on 07/28/09 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We've had this car a few months. Overall the best car we've ever owned. BMW service is the same as with a car for $100k, so you feel like a king! Sport package is the way to go, car grips the road and never lets go. 128i is way over powered, you will for sure get a ticket. Driver and front passenger seating with power seats is great. Back seat is terrible for bigger folk. Good only for kids or the dog. We like the small size of the car for zipping around town and out to the lake. Good ride quality. We have a squeak in the back seat. We are addressing this build issue with BMW. BMW has treated us well so far, but we are headed back for a second try for the repair.

Fun Fun Fun!!!
By Ed Farr on 07/21/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2006 Black Nissan 350Z for a base 128i with comfort access since I needed the back seats and man, I can't stop driving it!!! Compared to the Z, I am getting better MPG and I get the back seats! This is the most fun car I have ever driven.

Hold ON
By First-time on 07/13/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car. Excellent feel with the driver. Fun and practical and affordable enough for the trip to and from work. Price is reasonable if you get just the Premium package with heated seats. You don't need the 135, wonderful fast car but overkill for DD.

excellent vehicleT's ruin this car
By mike4444 on 07/08/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun car to drive...glad I went with the manual transmission..corners perfect and had up to 110mph with still pedal left...convertible has very good acoustics with top up...I'd buy it again and I looked and drove all of the competitors...buy it.

A fantastic convertible!
By BostonDriver on 06/01/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first convertible, and I couldn't have been happier. Before purchasing this car, we looked into and/or test drove the Lexus IS (convertible coming soon), Audi A4, and Volkswagen Eos. Nothing was as attractive as the BMW. We test-drove both the 135i and 128i convertibles and decided on the 128i because it was cheaper, had a softer suspension, and was more than fast enough. The handling is fantastic, and the car feels very responsive, nimble, surefooted, fast, and comfortable. It looks beautiful in jet black, sporty but elegant, classy but youthful. It is absolutely worth it. It is hard to find faults with this car.

Thinking man (or woman's) 1
By a1addict on 04/22/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great enthusiast's car. Does all the things that count very very well. Excellent communication with the driver. Practical and affordable enough (at least for the 128) for the DD. Price is reasonable if you don't need all the extras, and you really don't. 135 is a thrill ride but was overkill and all too hazardous to the health of my license. 128 is plenty powerful, brakes are too, also lighter and better weight dist.

What a hoot!
By Charlie on 04/01/09 15:47 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Man what a hoot to drive the 135i is!!! I personally like the quirky, funky body design, it is wicked fast, sounds great, grips the road like a scalded cat on a carpet, has excellent build quality and materials, and turns heads all over town. Aside from the requisite nits every car has that the manufacturer hopes nobody notices but everybody does, I could not be happier with this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.