Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer on
2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.
Favorite Features
The Harmon Kardon stereo, HD Radio, and iPod interface turn the car into a private concert venue, while the driving experience, comfortable seats, warning chimes that harmonize, a quiet cabin, and Dynamic Stability Control all contribute to making this a complete package.
Suggested Improvements
Run flat tires are very expensive. The seat belt warning chime comes on when you place heavy objects (like laptops or backpacks) on the passenger seat. The chime cannot be disabled because it is a safety feature.