My one year review of my 135i Vert
By Katera on
2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
Awesome...just awesome. My wife and I bought our Baby B a year ago for our 20th anniversary. We bought it specifically as a weekend car, hence the low miles. Our car is loaded with every option possible except for heated seats which we don't need in Houston. The car is stupidly fast, handles incredibly well and is built SOLID. I never really noticed a difference in build quality before with my American or Japanese cars...until I bought my first BMW. Tight is the only word that comes to mind. Since the 1 is still somewhat rare I get head turns everywhere I drive her. It really is an amazing car. p.s. We got a stick :p
Favorite Features
The N54 engine. Pure unrestrained love. It pulls from 1k rpm's all the way to 7k nonstop. Handling. She just turns with no body roll or push in the corners. It wants to go fast. Looks. Jet Black, Boston Grey interior. Love it. Seats me Wife, 14 year old and 7 year old kids just fine.
Suggested Improvements
(1) Can't see LCD lighting on radio w/ polarized sunglasses. (2) When seat belt is taken off there is risk of hitting window/glass. (3) Seatbelt "flutters" at hi speed w/ top down. These are mostly minor complaints. Given the choice would we buy it again? In a second!