2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: Great Small Car for Tall Peopl

2008 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

135i Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

Great Small Car for Tall People!!
By twolfe2 on

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car after being overseas for 2 years. I wanted a car that was fast and fun, but I didn't want the 'boy racer' look that the Evo conveys. After two days of shopping looking at both American and foreign cars, I choose the 135, and I was not disappointed. It is small so you have all the maneuverability that you want, yet big enough that I was able to move from Jersey to DC with it. I have gotten many compliments from people on the car, as they are still relatively new. I got the Sedona Red Metallica color, and it looks awesome. Also I wanted a true sports car so I got a manual and the clutch is extremely smooth.

At 64, the main thing I like about this car is that I fit in it. I was unable to fit in the 370Z, Altima Couple, Mustang GT, and Camaro. The only car with equal driver room was the A5.

This car is great!!! I just have a few complaints. Gas millage is just okay, averaging about 23 on the highway. It has two cup holders but you can only fit a soda in the back one, and if you put anything too big in the front one it kind of obstructs the shifter. The side mirrors are kind of small.