2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: everything is right about this

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Review

everything is right about this car
By 135owner on

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never driven a car as much fun as this one is to drive. I may even take my wife to a driving school so she can enjoy it. I didn't like the look of the car when I ordered it but I bought it after one test drive around the block.{the demo car} Now I like the looks but that had nothing to do with the purchase. It is that much fun to drive. I average 22 miles per gallon but you can get 27 if you want to drive that way. I don't. On the highway 28 is easy. I wanted a sports car but with a little more room. This car is by itself when you factor in room and handling. It wasn't cheap but the best never is.

no body roll, the exhaust note,the engine,the solid feel,the raw power,the brakes,and of course it goes without saying the steering.

For me I don't want the auto transmission when in manual mode to auto downshift if it's not going to auto upshift. I accidentally revved the engine too high during the break in period because of this. Sometimes you are in the manual mode and don't know it and this will happen.