BMW128i - After 15 months
By JFi on
2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
Even after 15 months, I still absolutely love this car. It's very unique as you don't see many around, so that's a nice touch. Wasn't even in the market when I bought the car, but had to have it once I drove it. The handling of this car is very smooth and very precise, glides through corners and turns with ease and precision. Lots of power for a car this size. Others are surprised by how fast and quick this little car can be. I don't think of it as a true sports car (although the backseat is basically unusable) because it's got a great ride for a car that is so low to the ground (no sport package) and lots of nice luxury touches as well. Nothing else like it on the road.
Favorite Features
Precision handling, smooth transmission (6sp auto), power folding mirrors for tight spaces, ambient/welcoming lighting, hands-free bluetooth, back seats lay forward to expand the trunk, color (metallic sedona red - gets lots of compliments), uniqueness.
Suggested Improvements
Hard plastics in dash, reliability (a couple glitches with the computer and radio), back-seat arm rest, more cabin storage space... make a 130i and give it the larger (more powerful) I-6 to slate between the 128i and 135i.