BMW 128i Cabrio - WOW!
By German Frau on
2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I considered the 3series convertible before purchasing my Mini Cooper S convertible in 2005. I loved driving it in town but it was stiff riding and uncomfortable on the highway. One day, one of my students brought in a 1 series brochure. I loved the car from the minute I saw it. Immediately I scheduled a test drive and ordered the car in April. After returning from Germany on June 20th, my BMW was waiting for me. I own the car for 9 days now. The car really drives well and I just love it. It performs well and is smooth riding on the highway. My husband liked the Mini Cooper S conv. a lot but after driving/riding the BMW conv. he changed his mind. I'm/we are sold on the new 1 series.
Favorite Features
Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Xenon Headlights, Park Distance Control I like the fact that you can put the top up and down while driving. I also like the look of the 1 series when the top is down. Bluetooth and MP3 Player integration are very nice as well.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holders are too small and they seem to be in the way. Run flats (My Mini Cooper S had run flats and they were pricey - $1200)