Better Than a Porsche 911
By Henry on
2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
Just traded in an '03 911 for the 135i--wow, for about half the MSRP, I think I got twice the car. This is my first sports car without a stick shift. Love the beefy aluminum paddle shifters. Car absolutely flies. Inside is very quiet, except for the growl from the 300 hp engine. My Porsche was loud and uncomfortable and the 135 is so comfortable. I got the sport package and the seats are amazing. The thigh support is great for long trips. Car is an A+ and really does rival a 911 for performance but exceeds it for comfort and practicality with real back seat and room for two or three sets of golf clubs in trunk. I've owned a 911, Boxster S and a TT Coupe. The 135i blows them all away.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth for phone. Performance. Brilliant and effortless acceleration. Steptronic transmission with two automatic and one paddle shift option. Interior comfort and look. Reasonable cost. Real back seat and good trunk space. Push button ignition.
Suggested Improvements
Exterior appearance is a bit "chubby," but I like it. Everything else is perfect!