2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: All I Can Say Is WOW!

2008 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

135i Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

All I Can Say Is WOW!
By Kris on

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After test driving this little beast for almost an hour I got back in my 04 G35 Coupe 6M, that I had loved for 4 years till that moment. My G felt big, bulky and slow by comparison. I had also driven the new G37 which is a big improvement over the older model, but it just could not compare to the nimble, precise pocket rocket that is the 135i. The car handles like it's on rails and yet is so comfortable. If you don't need a big car this little gem is pretty much perfect. Actually, the trunk in the 135i is much bigger than the older or new G. Bottom line, this is the best car I have ever driven or owned and I still can't get the silly grin off my face when I get out of it.

That sweet twin turbo with effortless power and no lag, amazing brakes, sport seats are the most comfortable I've ever found, iPod integration, handles like a dream.

I wasn't initially sold on the looks of the car from photos, but it is way better looking in person. Not a fan of the run flat tires, car gets pricey quick with options.