2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: A thorough review after roadtr

2008 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Review

A thorough review after roadtrip
By Beemerhead on

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just finished an 800 mile roadtrip across NM and CO. What a treat! I bought it as a roadtrip car to keep forever, so no turbos or nav/iDrive. I have an automatic with premium and cold weather pkg. The car was comfortable and smooth. The unexpected highlights were a roof that had amazing sound dampening, plenty of engine power even at 10000+ feet and a final gas mileage of 32.2mpg across central Colorado (avg speed 54.5mph). The car was FANTASTIC, everything I hoped for and more when I decided to buy it. I researched many other vehicles from an Eos to a MB CLK350 before getting this. As a first year model I thought it might be valuable one day, too.

Comfort (ride and seats), gas mileage, softop operation and sound qualities. Excellent visibility top up or down. First year model but the engine and components have been around for several years on other beemers. Best of both worlds if you ask me.

Interior is monochromatic. Price is a little high but then the dollar is sinking like a rock, too.