Used 2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Bmw 1-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Great Car
By tmitch18

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Been looking forward to getting my 135 and it's finally here. What a great car; amazing engine of course and with better brakes than the new M3. Drove my brothers 09 M3 and this car felt almost as quick. I say felt because now I added the computer upgrade from Vishnu that brings my 135 to 400hp!! This car is now a monster! Of course the materials used in this car are not quite as nice but, for the money you can't go wrong.

Favorite Features

Ummm, engine of course. Brakes are great, as mentioned above.

Suggested Improvements

A little too much body roll but can be taken care of in the aftermarket which is coming soon. Oh, and all of you complaining about the room for the rear seats; buy the 335. Look how small the 135 is, if you can squeeze more room out of that frame, I'm sure BMW has a job for you!

Fun to drive.
By Danny

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 128i coupe is the only one left in this country with red leather & black ext. It is equipped with Premium, Sport, and Cold packages. It is very stable, you can't feel driving over 70 mph. Handling and corning are smooth. Overall of this vehicle is fun to drive with, but too expensive to own it. MBenz C300 sport is worth of buying, they're nearly the same price.

Favorite Features

Must have, shifting gears on steering wheel, looks very sporty. Red leather seat is very attractive. Most other features are almost same like other cars.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle body could be wider, looks too skinny and doesn't seem like a sport car. Back seat too small. Too little standard features. Cup holders everybody has been complaining about are too small and missing cup holders in the rear. USB device reader is useless, took 30 mins to read than play mp3.

Cutting Corners
By Kevin

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car looks great from a distance but open the trunk and wham, primer everywhere, that paint should be like on the outside! Guess that's why the rust protection is what 4 years! Then they put those cheesy plastic plugs through the carpet on the trunk lid to affix it to the metal and put holes in the metal to do it - cheap. I open the hood and there is a long line of open unfinished jagged steel down the inside of each side of the hood. Talk about cheap! Everywhere I look I see corners like that cut.

Favorite Features

Tight steering, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, paint the whole car! Not just the outside.

Happy Hatchback Owner
By MunichLife

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I actually live in Germany and have the hatchback 118d version of the 1 series which I don't think is available in the US yet. It has been a superb choice, extremely fuel efficient in a country where gas has been even more expensive, an absolute blast to scoot around town in but with an interior comfortable enough for a ong trip. The business stereo package is incredible also. I am leasing now and will likely buy when I can.

Favorite Features

Power for the fuel efficiency. Sound system, gas consumption monitoring, auto windshield wipers and lights.

Of driving
By 162WST

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

50/50 distribution, rock solid chassis, sweet six. I love the looks of this car. One of the few 2 door rear drive coupes. Good package for the money. Some understeer at lower speed. Great to tailwhip in the rain! Transmission could be smoother. Sports pack is nice.

Favorite Features

Getting in to a curve and feeling it just glide through, without any distortion. Any.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats barely usable. xDrive.