Used 2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Amazing Car
By ANM

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I have had it for 9 months and love it just as much as the first day I bought it. The build quality is the best I have ever seen in a new car. Acceleration is good in Drive mode and great in Sport Mode. On the highway it is as stable at 75 mph as it was at 25 mph. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Brakes; acceleration; ride; rain sensing windshield wipers. Defroster clears the windshield in a couple of seconds, not sure how they make it do that, but makes me wonder why others haven't copied it.

I do not have any complaints.

fun!
By fs

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't say enough how much fun is to drive this car. love it. If y're in the market for a new car, give yourself a favor to test drive the 1 series. Purchased my 135i convertible in 02.2009 with $6k below msrp including the $750 leasing incentive. Most fun car I have ever driven.

Wished had cupholder for the passenger front and back

Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.

The Harmon Kardon stereo, HD Radio, and iPod interface turn the car into a private concert venue, while the driving experience, comfortable seats, warning chimes that harmonize, a quiet cabin, and Dynamic Stability Control all contribute to making this a complete package.

Run flat tires are very expensive. The seat belt warning chime comes on when you place heavy objects (like laptops or backpacks) on the passenger seat. The chime cannot be disabled because it is a safety feature.

1 Series...dynamite
By Bob

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Exceptional performance, fun and reliability. Purchased my 135i convertible in Dec 2008 (good time to buy, great deal, low 0.9 financing). Must say we are a BMW family, and also own a 535i, and previously owned a 330i and Z3 (3.0) so we are biased to the exceptional service, warranty, and purchase experience at BMW. Have put 24K miles on it in 9 months with no problems. Very comfortable for one or two people, excellent seats and ergonomics. Purchased this as a replacement to a 2001 Z3 3.0 with 200K miles, so I view the small back seat as extended cargo space. Smooth, for it's class, on the highway and exceptional on back roads and acceleration. A true wolf in sheep's clothing.

300hp twin turbo engine and famous BMW handling. Makes it a better daily driver than the M3, for much less. Superior warranty and service at my dealership.

Would like to see weather radar incorporated into the Nav system. Comms links are already there, as is the data, so no new technology. Important to a convertible driver in Florida in the summer...monsoon rains and lightening!

My 2008 128i Convertible
By DTMEDIC

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a NEW 2008 model from the showroom floor. It's loaded with every conceivable option; but I got the car nearly $6,000 off invoice. Still pricey... but definitely worth it! I can't say enough about this little gem! It is the MOST fun I've ever had driving! I wake up every morning and cannot WAIT to drive my car to work! I love the top down fun with my iPod tunes blasting. The iDrive is a little quirky, but once you figure it out, it's fine. The ride is superb, the fit and finish is all BMW... the drive and handling is exactly what you would expect... perfection. Love it, love it, love it... you will NOT be sorry you bought this car! Just do it!

Bluetooth, iPod sync, convertible top... the rumble of the engine and the drive.

Can't think of anything really, two bigger cup holders maybe.

• SUV