2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
My 2008 128i Convertible
By DTMEDIC on 07/24/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a NEW 2008 model from the showroom floor. It's loaded with every conceivable option; but I got the car nearly $6,000 off invoice. Still pricey... but definitely worth it! I can't say enough about this little gem! It is the MOST fun I've ever had driving! I wake up every morning and cannot WAIT to drive my car to work! I love the top down fun with my iPod tunes blasting. The iDrive is a little quirky, but once you figure it out, it's fine. The ride is superb, the fit and finish is all BMW... the drive and handling is exactly what you would expect... perfection. Love it, love it, love it... you will NOT be sorry you bought this car! Just do it!

Blast Your Socks Off
By LovenMyBMW on 07/03/09 07:43 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought mine as a leftover 08. Got a great deal. Idrive, Nav, Cold Weather Pack, Sport Susp, Convert, Sport Seats, Active Steer, and whatever else they can add. Owned 3 weeks, rear quarter window switch went out. Replaced w/o a problem. Dealership is excellent! Gas mileage is a little poor. But I can't keep my foot out of it. This is a great little car for fun. Works well as an everyday driver. This car is amazing. Speed, handling are crazy. Do yourself a favor. Drive one and you will be SOLD. And resale is great.

128i Convertible
By Mike N. on 05/23/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I went from a Z4 to the 128i convertible and from manual to automatic transmission so there was an adjustment in expectations. Overall, I have been very happy with the 128. The build quality is outstanding. The handling is exceptional and the motor has plenty of punch, especially in manual shift mode. I love the way the car learns your driving style. The only negative is the standard sound system (not the premium pkg). Speaker placement makes it virtually inaudible with the top down at freeway speeds. The Z4 was better probably because the speakers were directly behind the seat.

My one year review of my 135i Vert
By Katera on 05/22/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome...just awesome. My wife and I bought our Baby B a year ago for our 20th anniversary. We bought it specifically as a weekend car, hence the low miles. Our car is loaded with every option possible except for heated seats which we don't need in Houston. The car is stupidly fast, handles incredibly well and is built SOLID. I never really noticed a difference in build quality before with my American or Japanese cars...until I bought my first BMW. Tight is the only word that comes to mind. Since the 1 is still somewhat rare I get head turns everywhere I drive her. It really is an amazing car. p.s. We got a stick :p

1st 1,000 miles
By 1st convertible bot on 01/24/09 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All around solid, stays on road. Engine has a "low throaty" sound that sets off other car alarms - too cool! Small size is very convenient, fun and adds to the great acceleration. Quiet interior with top up, car suspension handles train track crossings and bumps with ease. In rain, excellent perf both from a handling, sound & water management. I have to admit, it is expensive and very unpractical, BUT it is a kick in the pants to drive and makes my commute fun! To hell with the economy and my crappy 401K perf - let's go for a drive!

Year One of the 1
By pstevenson32 on 11/21/08 03:25 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 128. It is great fun to drive. It has more than enough power for a casual driver such as me. With its 6-speed transmission, it generally gets around 24-26 mpg in the city. I have always liked the looks of BMW. Now I get the look at a fairly decent price. The 128 is a luxury car without many frills. The interior has been pared of luxury to make space for roominess. Well for the people in front, anyway. It's still pretty much a 2-seater. Oddly, for a BMW, the interior is without many standards items I have grown used to over the years. Example: The 128 is curiously without a functional cupholder. The only working cupholder is directly behind the shifter. I still love it.

Fun, fun, fun 2nd car to drive
By LB on 09/26/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for over a month now and I am having so much fun with it. I have a big SUV to haul my 4 kids around so when I climb into my 135 convertible, it's a pleasure to drive. Recently, I had something in one of my tires and the lights came on to alert me. I took it in to BMW service dept. and sure enough I had a nail in the tire. Not cheap tires to replace though! I have the sport package and it has run-flat tires on it. Where ever I go, I get people coming up and asking me about this car.

Glad I bought it
By Happy Camper on 08/01/08 07:42 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My Z4 lease was up and after research on edmunds, I decided to test this car. I liked the seats, soft top and price better than the 3 series. I am enjoying the additional room this car offers, the better ride and the performance. The 4/50k service is a real plus. I really love this car.

BMW 128i Cabrio - WOW!
By German Frau on 06/29/08 07:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I considered the 3series convertible before purchasing my Mini Cooper S convertible in 2005. I loved driving it in town but it was stiff riding and uncomfortable on the highway. One day, one of my students brought in a 1 series brochure. I loved the car from the minute I saw it. Immediately I scheduled a test drive and ordered the car in April. After returning from Germany on June 20th, my BMW was waiting for me. I own the car for 9 days now. The car really drives well and I just love it. It performs well and is smooth riding on the highway. My husband liked the Mini Cooper S conv. a lot but after driving/riding the BMW conv. he changed his mind. I'm/we are sold on the new 1 series.

Great Convertible
By BMW128iOwner on 06/22/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is both comfortable and very fun to drive. Being six feet tall, I thought the back seat would be a little tight for me, however when I have sat in the back it is more than enough room and also very comfortable. The materials and interior design are very excellently crafted, as well as the beautiful exterior. Automatic roof works great and car is amazing with the top down. The engine sounds powerful and exhilarating, and yet the ride is very quiet. The premium Hi-Fi sound system sounds great with the top up or down. iPhone compatibility is great and sounds great on both sides of the phone, even with the top down and strong winds.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.