2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews 2

2008 BMW 1 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
135i not a 3 series
By LovenMyBMW on 02/28/10 11:19 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok lets start out by saying that we all have a opion. This is a 1 series not a 3. So with that said. Understand its smaller. Yes the interior is almost the same. Back and front seats. And head room. Just the body. With the 1 having less weight than the 3. The little beemer is amazing. Is faster than a Cayman, Niss 370, Mustang, and Camaro. Now its not a drag car. Its a sports car with style. Some parts seem cheap but what car under 60k don't. This little car with a back seat that can be used for kids and luggage, small bags and other items is perfect for a person not wanting a big car. If you want big buy a 7 series or a SUV. All said if you are thinking about it. DO IT

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By noushin on 02/04/10 21:19 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 325 until 3 years ago when I sold it due to high maintenance cost and leased a Mercedes C230. It was such a "trouble-free" car, but I missed my BMW since the day I lost it. I had my eye on the 1 series and it was worth all the wait. I have a 128 coupe with M1, Sport and Premium package. The car practically flies, it handles marvelously and I even like the feel of the "run-flat" tires. Can't wait to finish work and come to my car....

Would be perfect if not for run flats
By Steven on 12/08/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven the car 16,800 miles. Great power and handling, very intuitive interior controls that give you what you need and nothing more. Back seat is only for kids or short trips, but the seats fold down for lots of extra trunk room. Initial problem with fuel pump (common but completely resolved). Biggest complaint: Rear Run flats only good for 10,000 miles; they cost $380 each; and there are no good alternatives. Front tires may last 20,000+. Yes, it's the sports model with 18" tires and I drive a mountain freeway fairly regularly, but my last BMW got 40,000+ miles per set of tires. The car has not been driven hard. I love the car, but next time I would at least test drive the Cayman.

Great little German "Pony Car"
By Shawnski on 12/08/09 15:01 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Had to have this when it first came out. And have not disappointed in over 19 months of ownership. Sensible, sporty, fast, and great fuel economy. Not a sports car, but has a great ride. Small size, but surprisingly practical. Lost of easy torque, and terrific average fuel economy - 25 MPG. It is the perfect marriage of German engineering, and American style muscle car attributes (2 doors, a trunk and fast), all in a size that makes other cars seem fat. Only reason I did not give a 10 for performance was my decision to go with Steptronic 6A v. 6M. However, it is a superior slush box, that shifts very fast and is always in the right gear. IMO no one refines drivetrains better than BMW.

1.5 Year Update
By Paul on 11/22/09 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been leasing this car for about 1.5 years and I am severely disappointed. Since I began leasing the vehicle I had the fuel pump replaced, the interior trim is starting to chip off, I've had the rear brakes replaced and I am almost on my third set of tires. Free maintenance yeah right, the treadwear on the runflats is far below average and if you drive aggressively expect to pay more than $1200 a year in maintenance just on the tires. I have already begun to experience more problems with the car stalling and failing to start. The ipod hook up frequently has problems and my passenger seat belt warning goes off with a bottled water in the passenger seat.

Amazing Car
By ANM on 10/04/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I have had it for 9 months and love it just as much as the first day I bought it. The build quality is the best I have ever seen in a new car. Acceleration is good in Drive mode and great in Sport Mode. On the highway it is as stable at 75 mph as it was at 25 mph. It is the best car I have ever owned.

fun!
By fs on 09/30/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't say enough how much fun is to drive this car. love it. If y're in the market for a new car, give yourself a favor to test drive the 1 series. Purchased my 135i convertible in 02.2009 with $6k below msrp including the $750 leasing incentive. Most fun car I have ever driven.

Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer on 09/25/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.

1 Series...dynamite
By Bob on 08/15/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Exceptional performance, fun and reliability. Purchased my 135i convertible in Dec 2008 (good time to buy, great deal, low 0.9 financing). Must say we are a BMW family, and also own a 535i, and previously owned a 330i and Z3 (3.0) so we are biased to the exceptional service, warranty, and purchase experience at BMW. Have put 24K miles on it in 9 months with no problems. Very comfortable for one or two people, excellent seats and ergonomics. Purchased this as a replacement to a 2001 Z3 3.0 with 200K miles, so I view the small back seat as extended cargo space. Smooth, for it's class, on the highway and exceptional on back roads and acceleration. A true wolf in sheep's clothing.

My 2008 128i Convertible
By DTMEDIC on 07/24/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a NEW 2008 model from the showroom floor. It's loaded with every conceivable option; but I got the car nearly $6,000 off invoice. Still pricey... but definitely worth it! I can't say enough about this little gem! It is the MOST fun I've ever had driving! I wake up every morning and cannot WAIT to drive my car to work! I love the top down fun with my iPod tunes blasting. The iDrive is a little quirky, but once you figure it out, it's fine. The ride is superb, the fit and finish is all BMW... the drive and handling is exactly what you would expect... perfection. Love it, love it, love it... you will NOT be sorry you bought this car! Just do it!