1st 1,000 miles
By 1st convertible bot on
2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
All around solid, stays on road. Engine has a "low throaty" sound that sets off other car alarms - too cool! Small size is very convenient, fun and adds to the great acceleration. Quiet interior with top up, car suspension handles train track crossings and bumps with ease. In rain, excellent perf both from a handling, sound & water management. I have to admit, it is expensive and very unpractical, BUT it is a kick in the pants to drive and makes my commute fun! To hell with the economy and my crappy 401K perf - let's go for a drive!
Favorite Features
When sun hits dash board, red lighting becomes blue - quick top up/down, night time ambient lighting, satellite radio, folds/channels in rag top that prevent drip from coming across passenger window, easy gas cap, pressure sensors in tires - an owner's manual that actually thinks I will baby it!
Suggested Improvements
(1) Can't see LCD lighting on radio w/ polarized sunglasses. (2) When seat belt is taken off there is risk of hitting window/glass. (3) Blind spots w/ top up. (4) Need more cup holders & larger glove box. (5) Seatbelt "flutters" at hi speed w/ top down. (6) Needs tighter lateral support in seats.