Used 2008 BMW 1 Series 128i Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Great CPO bargin
By SagamoreJack

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a 128i stripper with a manual. It has ample room for 2 people or 4 on a quick lunch run. Fold down back seat and reasonable trunk opening allows hauling good sized cargo. It has expected BMW handling, good acceleration and also is a smooth highway cruiser, except for run flat tire noise. The acceleration is OK, not thrilling. It makes a satisfying growl at WOT. Wide torque curve and slick transmission makes a great combination for moving thru traffic and for sporty curve work. Base interior has very cheap looking and feeling plastic. More Aveo than BMW. The large adjustment knob for manual seats is exactly where your foot goes when cruise control is on. Track day soon

Smooth torquey six. Slick manual transmission. Very good handling/ride combination. Fold down rear seats allows me to carry my bike inside. Low mileage CPO and not the most popular model means a nearly new BMW for Honda money.

Base interior needs an upgrade. Manual seat adjustment is poorly thought out. Way too much brake dust. I join almost every owner in saying get rid of the run flats.

Cheap materials
By David Rodriguez

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my car for almost 2 years now and I'm on my fifth third brake light, I had the driver's window motor replaced twice passenger side airbag sensor once and now my fog lights lenses are cracked and BMW says that it is because of impact and not covered by warranty so I have to deal with them using cheap plastic in their cars which I don't think is fair

engine

for the price we should get better quality materials and craftsmanship, get rid of those run flats or at least give us an option

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By noushin

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 325 until 3 years ago when I sold it due to high maintenance cost and leased a Mercedes C230. It was such a "trouble-free" car, but I missed my BMW since the day I lost it. I had my eye on the 1 series and it was worth all the wait. I have a 128 coupe with M1, Sport and Premium package. The car practically flies, it handles marvelously and I even like the feel of the "run-flat" tires. Can't wait to finish work and come to my car....

Steering wheel, lumbar support, interior design, handling.

The sound system is very mediocre to the best. BMW can learn a few things from Mercedes Benz in that department. What a shame. Radio knob buttons not so intuitive. No reason to have the second cup holder since it's useless.

Amazing Car
By ANM

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I have had it for 9 months and love it just as much as the first day I bought it. The build quality is the best I have ever seen in a new car. Acceleration is good in Drive mode and great in Sport Mode. On the highway it is as stable at 75 mph as it was at 25 mph. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Brakes; acceleration; ride; rain sensing windshield wipers. Defroster clears the windshield in a couple of seconds, not sure how they make it do that, but makes me wonder why others haven't copied it.

I do not have any complaints.

Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.

The Harmon Kardon stereo, HD Radio, and iPod interface turn the car into a private concert venue, while the driving experience, comfortable seats, warning chimes that harmonize, a quiet cabin, and Dynamic Stability Control all contribute to making this a complete package.

Run flat tires are very expensive. The seat belt warning chime comes on when you place heavy objects (like laptops or backpacks) on the passenger seat. The chime cannot be disabled because it is a safety feature.