2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
Great CPO bargin
By SagamoreJack on 08/17/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a 128i stripper with a manual. It has ample room for 2 people or 4 on a quick lunch run. Fold down back seat and reasonable trunk opening allows hauling good sized cargo. It has expected BMW handling, good acceleration and also is a smooth highway cruiser, except for run flat tire noise. The acceleration is OK, not thrilling. It makes a satisfying growl at WOT. Wide torque curve and slick transmission makes a great combination for moving thru traffic and for sporty curve work. Base interior has very cheap looking and feeling plastic. More Aveo than BMW. The large adjustment knob for manual seats is exactly where your foot goes when cruise control is on. Track day soon

Cheap materials
By David Rodriguez on 04/17/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my car for almost 2 years now and I'm on my fifth third brake light, I had the driver's window motor replaced twice passenger side airbag sensor once and now my fog lights lenses are cracked and BMW says that it is because of impact and not covered by warranty so I have to deal with them using cheap plastic in their cars which I don't think is fair

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By noushin on 02/04/10 21:19 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 325 until 3 years ago when I sold it due to high maintenance cost and leased a Mercedes C230. It was such a "trouble-free" car, but I missed my BMW since the day I lost it. I had my eye on the 1 series and it was worth all the wait. I have a 128 coupe with M1, Sport and Premium package. The car practically flies, it handles marvelously and I even like the feel of the "run-flat" tires. Can't wait to finish work and come to my car....

Amazing Car
By ANM on 10/04/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I have had it for 9 months and love it just as much as the first day I bought it. The build quality is the best I have ever seen in a new car. Acceleration is good in Drive mode and great in Sport Mode. On the highway it is as stable at 75 mph as it was at 25 mph. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer on 09/25/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.

BMW128i - After 15 months
By JFi on 07/17/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Even after 15 months, I still absolutely love this car. It's very unique as you don't see many around, so that's a nice touch. Wasn't even in the market when I bought the car, but had to have it once I drove it. The handling of this car is very smooth and very precise, glides through corners and turns with ease and precision. Lots of power for a car this size. Others are surprised by how fast and quick this little car can be. I don't think of it as a true sports car (although the backseat is basically unusable) because it's got a great ride for a car that is so low to the ground (no sport package) and lots of nice luxury touches as well. Nothing else like it on the road.

BMW 128i - 6 months ownership
By mitiko on 01/24/09 10:39 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

6 months and zero issues at all (never had this experience with prev. german cars purchased). Everything works well, surprised at how well it drives in snow (took it to Killington VT). If you drive carefully, easy to get 30/31 mpg on the highway (auto trans), but the moment you put some gusto in your driving and you hit 22 mpg very fast.

Fun to drive.
By Danny on 01/02/09 20:28 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 128i coupe is the only one left in this country with red leather & black ext. It is equipped with Premium, Sport, and Cold packages. It is very stable, you can't feel driving over 70 mph. Handling and corning are smooth. Overall of this vehicle is fun to drive with, but too expensive to own it. MBenz C300 sport is worth of buying, they're nearly the same price.

Happy Hatchback Owner
By MunichLife on 12/24/08 03:03 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I actually live in Germany and have the hatchback 118d version of the 1 series which I don't think is available in the US yet. It has been a superb choice, extremely fuel efficient in a country where gas has been even more expensive, an absolute blast to scoot around town in but with an interior comfortable enough for a ong trip. The business stereo package is incredible also. I am leasing now and will likely buy when I can.

Of driving
By 162WST on 11/30/08 21:45 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

50/50 distribution, rock solid chassis, sweet six. I love the looks of this car. One of the few 2 door rear drive coupes. Good package for the money. Some understeer at lower speed. Great to tailwhip in the rain! Transmission could be smoother. Sports pack is nice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.