2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:
I love the 135i
By Jorge on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've been driving the car for more than 22,000 miles now and I think I can have some comments: 1. I had the usual problems: The HPFP, the bluetooth firmware upgrade, all the tails lights failing and the safety recall for the seat belts. 2. The run flats awful, replaced them with Michellin A/S now and rides much better 3. Gas mileages is not great. The car has been problem free for the last 5,000 miles and I personally think there is NO perfect car, I was lucky that BMW Charlottesville has been ver professional and helped me all the time when I faced problems. However, if you love cars, this is the one! Test drive one and see for yourself.

Great CPO bargin
By SagamoreJack on 08/17/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a 128i stripper with a manual. It has ample room for 2 people or 4 on a quick lunch run. Fold down back seat and reasonable trunk opening allows hauling good sized cargo. It has expected BMW handling, good acceleration and also is a smooth highway cruiser, except for run flat tire noise. The acceleration is OK, not thrilling. It makes a satisfying growl at WOT. Wide torque curve and slick transmission makes a great combination for moving thru traffic and for sporty curve work. Base interior has very cheap looking and feeling plastic. More Aveo than BMW. The large adjustment knob for manual seats is exactly where your foot goes when cruise control is on. Track day soon

Terrible service, plagued with problems
By 1porscheman on 08/10/10 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Where do I start. Oh, I know. BMW does not care about their customers! I have owned to others in the past, m3 and a 2003 x5. My past experience lead me to purchase (lease) my 1 series. Love the performance, its a fun little car. But. My 1 has just under 14k on on it and its been in for everything under the sun. The fuel pump, the window reg. Motor, radio still doesn't work right, you name it, and the recalls. I could not drive my car at night for a month while I waited for recall replacement taillight, and let me add they provided a car for only a week. Terrible service. I have never (even at gm dealer) had service that was so rude, unprofessional, and unaccommodating.

Cheap materials
By David Rodriguez on 04/17/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had my car for almost 2 years now and I'm on my fifth third brake light, I had the driver's window motor replaced twice passenger side airbag sensor once and now my fog lights lenses are cracked and BMW says that it is because of impact and not covered by warranty so I have to deal with them using cheap plastic in their cars which I don't think is fair

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By noushin on 02/04/10 21:19 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 325 until 3 years ago when I sold it due to high maintenance cost and leased a Mercedes C230. It was such a "trouble-free" car, but I missed my BMW since the day I lost it. I had my eye on the 1 series and it was worth all the wait. I have a 128 coupe with M1, Sport and Premium package. The car practically flies, it handles marvelously and I even like the feel of the "run-flat" tires. Can't wait to finish work and come to my car....

Would be perfect if not for run flats
By Steven on 12/08/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven the car 16,800 miles. Great power and handling, very intuitive interior controls that give you what you need and nothing more. Back seat is only for kids or short trips, but the seats fold down for lots of extra trunk room. Initial problem with fuel pump (common but completely resolved). Biggest complaint: Rear Run flats only good for 10,000 miles; they cost $380 each; and there are no good alternatives. Front tires may last 20,000+. Yes, it's the sports model with 18" tires and I drive a mountain freeway fairly regularly, but my last BMW got 40,000+ miles per set of tires. The car has not been driven hard. I love the car, but next time I would at least test drive the Cayman.

1.5 Year Update
By Paul on 11/22/09 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been leasing this car for about 1.5 years and I am severely disappointed. Since I began leasing the vehicle I had the fuel pump replaced, the interior trim is starting to chip off, I've had the rear brakes replaced and I am almost on my third set of tires. Free maintenance yeah right, the treadwear on the runflats is far below average and if you drive aggressively expect to pay more than $1200 a year in maintenance just on the tires. I have already begun to experience more problems with the car stalling and failing to start. The ipod hook up frequently has problems and my passenger seat belt warning goes off with a bottled water in the passenger seat.

Amazing Car
By ANM on 10/04/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I have had it for 9 months and love it just as much as the first day I bought it. The build quality is the best I have ever seen in a new car. Acceleration is good in Drive mode and great in Sport Mode. On the highway it is as stable at 75 mph as it was at 25 mph. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer on 09/25/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.

BMW128i - After 15 months
By JFi on 07/17/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Even after 15 months, I still absolutely love this car. It's very unique as you don't see many around, so that's a nice touch. Wasn't even in the market when I bought the car, but had to have it once I drove it. The handling of this car is very smooth and very precise, glides through corners and turns with ease and precision. Lots of power for a car this size. Others are surprised by how fast and quick this little car can be. I don't think of it as a true sports car (although the backseat is basically unusable) because it's got a great ride for a car that is so low to the ground (no sport package) and lots of nice luxury touches as well. Nothing else like it on the road.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 1 Series Coupe in WA is:

$163 per month*