2011 BMW 1 Series M 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - M-power and distinctiveness for cheap

2011 BMW 1 Series M - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual)

M-power and distinctiveness for cheap
By dhwhitney on

2011 BMW 1 Series M 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up with Euro delivery in Munich, now back in states. Germans went nuts over this car (Valencia Orange probably helped!) and was great fun to drive on the Autobahn and at the Nurburgring. Traded in a 2009 M3 and I prefer this car despite the fact that Randy Pobst "hates it!" For people like me that have driven on the track with fast cars Porsch GT3 and the M3,eg) but are no way race drivers this car rocks. Looks have been criticized, but looks butch to me and the general public seems to agree. No auto means few posers and limited production means I have only seen one other on the street (in white). Only changes I would like: better plastics, more aggressive factory tune>

Favorite Features

Huge torque. Rare car, rarer color (has BMW EVER had Valencia Orange before?) that looks great in person. Contrary to Edmunds review, rather roomy rear seat--better than M3 coupe at least for headroom. Really smooth stick with shorter throws than the M3. Great front seats (Edmunds right about the manual seat is better.) HK stereo (upgrade) quite decent for classical music. M button!

Suggested Improvements

Too late now, but better plastics for interior (my GTI has better!) tho they feel worse than they look, less packaging on the options, and more high RPM power. Ummmm--handling that Randy Pobst could like?