Used 2011 BMW 1 Series M Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Bmw 1-series-m - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Orange Bimmer
By 330zhp

2011 BMW 1 Series M 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned many different cars from nearly every major manufacturer and this car is, by far, the most fun to drive. It is almost as exciting to drive as the Gallardo I drove in Vegas, and this car I can actually own (and do). It is in it's break-in period, but it is still a blast to drive through back roads. Averaging about 20/21 mpg currently.

Favorite Features

Love it in orange, seats very comfortable. Plenty of room for me (I am 6' 1"). Ride surprisingly comfortable. H/K sound very good. Stock exhaust sounds great. Shifter just about perfect, only one that was better was my S2000. Love that M steering wheel. Just the right thickness and diameter, and feedback is perfect. I have an Audi and their MMI system is very good. BMW's iDrive is very good as well, and better in some respects.

Suggested Improvements

None, but wheels are a pain in the butt to clean!

M-power and distinctiveness for cheap
By dhwhitney

2011 BMW 1 Series M 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up with Euro delivery in Munich, now back in states. Germans went nuts over this car (Valencia Orange probably helped!) and was great fun to drive on the Autobahn and at the Nurburgring. Traded in a 2009 M3 and I prefer this car despite the fact that Randy Pobst "hates it!" For people like me that have driven on the track with fast cars Porsch GT3 and the M3,eg) but are no way race drivers this car rocks. Looks have been criticized, but looks butch to me and the general public seems to agree. No auto means few posers and limited production means I have only seen one other on the street (in white). Only changes I would like: better plastics, more aggressive factory tune>

Favorite Features

Huge torque. Rare car, rarer color (has BMW EVER had Valencia Orange before?) that looks great in person. Contrary to Edmunds review, rather roomy rear seat--better than M3 coupe at least for headroom. Really smooth stick with shorter throws than the M3. Great front seats (Edmunds right about the manual seat is better.) HK stereo (upgrade) quite decent for classical music. M button!

Suggested Improvements

Too late now, but better plastics for interior (my GTI has better!) tho they feel worse than they look, less packaging on the options, and more high RPM power. Ummmm--handling that Randy Pobst could like?