Used 2006 Bentley Continental GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bentley Continental-gt - Consumer Reviews

2006 Bentley Continental GT

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

2006 Bentley Continental GT
By 2andout

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Power, handling, braking is superb. Enough GVW to be classified as a light truck but nimble as a Ferrari in the turns. Quiet yet throaty. This is the best car in class that I have ever owned. Double insulated glass. Everything leather. Check out the interior trim. Hardly a sign of plastic anywhere. I rate this car based on performance, appearance, reliability. I give it 10+ in every category. It has bluetooth yet the iPhone does not work with it. The navigation in the 06 is by cd, not the greatest. Nobody's perfect.

Favorite Features

Gorgeous styling. Power and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system and Bluetooth.

Disappointed in Bentley
By Let down by Bentley

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car with one major exception. Using the phone, after you dial a primary phone number there is no way to dial an extension while driving. I can't use the car for business calls. The car sits in the garage. If you need to use this car phone to dial an extension after you dial your office, forget it. Make sure to check it out for yourself before purchasing this car. I would like to get a Flying Spur but with the phone the way it is, I'm getting a MBZ S600 or S65. Also, if you are tall the seat belt pulls down on your shoulder. Last, the air conditioning is weak. All this being said, this car is a GREAT drive.

A Bently is Still a Bently
By THE CONSULTANT

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The Continental GT, which I have owned for two years, is an eye catcher. If you seek attention, look no further, The car performs well for its size, but Bentley was a little careless with some of the interior features, none of which compromises the car's driveability. For example, the seats really need more adjustment positions, the phone system is antiquated, and the command system leaves a little technology on the table, but other than that they did a great job.

Fabulous Vehicle
By Gil Amoroso

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I couldn't disagree more with the naysayers of this automobile. It's not only beautiful and fast but it's great to drive. It has superb handling for a heavy car but I'm not Mario Andretti. The gas mileage is awful but what would you expect from a 550 hp vehicle? A Prius it's not. Its build quality is great and I've had no problems so far. It's a real head turner wherever I go. .I'm very happy with the purchase.

Favorite Features

Tge styling, handling, incredibly beautiful leather interior, paddle shifters, interior design, and layout of the instruments

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the dual batteries. I have to keep a trickle charger hooked up to the primary battery when it's not in use otherwise I lose some stored memory features

The Bentley
By Ryan Andrews

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one fantastic car. It's fast, handles well, has great looks, and has a Bently badge which makes it that much better. I like to drive with the paddle shifters, tap the left one to downshift an the turbos propel you to great speed within seconds an lets you hit very high speeds, which doesn't take very long. Its steering accuracy is superb at all speeds which makes the car feel lighter than it is. It wieghs about 5,200 pounds, but the steering makes it feel like its a mere 2,100 pound Miata. The brakes never fade or give up, I went from around 80 to 0 mph with in a few seconds to avoid rear ending a car in heavy LA traffic, most cars would have squeky, faded brakes, this thing never gives up. I love it!

Favorite Features

The paddle shifting. The light steering making you feel like its a light race car. The looks it gets from everyone everywhere. Comfy interior thats small yet somehow everything is in the right spot an fits 3 adults. The comfy suspension that is nice on harsh roads an racecar like in canyons.

Suggested Improvements

The gauge cluster reminds me of an Audi. In fact, Audi is the first thing that came to my mind when I look at the gauges. There's nothing wrong with Audi but I want some indvidual styling. The sound at low speeds makes it sound like a V10 Viper instead of a W-12 Bently.