2006 Bentley Continental GT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )
2006 Bentley Continental GT
By 2andout on 03/28/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Power, handling, braking is superb. Enough GVW to be classified as a light truck but nimble as a Ferrari in the turns. Quiet yet throaty. This is the best car in class that I have ever owned. Double insulated glass. Everything leather. Check out the interior trim. Hardly a sign of plastic anywhere. I rate this car based on performance, appearance, reliability. I give it 10+ in every category. It has bluetooth yet the iPhone does not work with it. The navigation in the 06 is by cd, not the greatest. Nobody's perfect.

Disappointed in Bentley
By Let down by Bentley on 02/17/07 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car with one major exception. Using the phone, after you dial a primary phone number there is no way to dial an extension while driving. I can't use the car for business calls. The car sits in the garage. If you need to use this car phone to dial an extension after you dial your office, forget it. Make sure to check it out for yourself before purchasing this car. I would like to get a Flying Spur but with the phone the way it is, I'm getting a MBZ S600 or S65. Also, if you are tall the seat belt pulls down on your shoulder. Last, the air conditioning is weak. All this being said, this car is a GREAT drive.

A Bently is Still a Bently
By THE CONSULTANT on 12/19/06 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The Continental GT, which I have owned for two years, is an eye catcher. If you seek attention, look no further, The car performs well for its size, but Bentley was a little careless with some of the interior features, none of which compromises the car's driveability. For example, the seats really need more adjustment positions, the phone system is antiquated, and the command system leaves a little technology on the table, but other than that they did a great job.

Fabulous Vehicle
By Gil Amoroso on 08/13/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I couldn't disagree more with the naysayers of this automobile. It's not only beautiful and fast but it's great to drive. It has superb handling for a heavy car but I'm not Mario Andretti. The gas mileage is awful but what would you expect from a 550 hp vehicle? A Prius it's not. Its build quality is great and I've had no problems so far. It's a real head turner wherever I go. .I'm very happy with the purchase.

The Bentley
By Ryan Andrews on 04/21/06 01:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one fantastic car. It's fast, handles well, has great looks, and has a Bently badge which makes it that much better. I like to drive with the paddle shifters, tap the left one to downshift an the turbos propel you to great speed within seconds an lets you hit very high speeds, which doesn't take very long. Its steering accuracy is superb at all speeds which makes the car feel lighter than it is. It wieghs about 5,200 pounds, but the steering makes it feel like its a mere 2,100 pound Miata. The brakes never fade or give up, I went from around 80 to 0 mph with in a few seconds to avoid rear ending a car in heavy LA traffic, most cars would have squeky, faded brakes, this thing never gives up. I love it!

Bentley Good, but Not Great
By Roger Marchs on 01/20/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The Bentley Continental GT is comfortable and darn fast. However too its console contains too many shared Volkswagen/Audi parts. Come on, for $165,000 I don't want the Audi controller, nor do I want two paired Volkswagen 6 cylinder engines bolter together for a total of 12. This is a pretty car and its very comfortable. It's almost great, but not quite there.

Nothing Else Quite Like It
By bob on 01/07/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Having been the owner of Merdedes, BMWs, Porsches, and quite a few others, the Bentley Continental GT is far superior in all aspects. Its power can only be understood by being in the driver's seat. This car is ell worth the dollars. I give applause to the Bentley design team.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.