2005 Bentley Continental GT Consumer Review: Nice to look at, disappointing

2005 Bentley Continental GT - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Nice to look at, disappointing to own.
By Ernie on

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a big disappointment. I'm a car nut, and the interior is gorgeous. But the car is no fun to drive. Visibility is terrible, drivetrain doesn't harness power smoothly, and dealer experience has been lousy. By comparison, my 2004 Jaguar XJR is a delight to drive and a bargain-- at half the price, it's very fast, has MORE features, has never even required dealer service and handles with nimbleness the Bentley can't approach. The Bentley is a stop-light ego builder, no doubt. But it feels like a date with Madonna might feel-- everyone looks at her and envys you, but somehow when you're alone together you realize she's not the woman you want so spend your life with!

Upholstery is gorgeous.

The Flying Spur might be an improvement- - more glass would help. Car was delivered to me with plastic twist tie for a key ring. C'mon, Bentley, I got more than that with my Honda Accord.
By jetsetman
on 08/18/11 21:57 PM (PDT)

I enjoyed your analogy, however couldn't you pick someone more desirable than Madonna ??? If I see a man with Madonna, I will say to myself, poor old chap, he must have done something wrong. She is neither beautiful nor sweet. Two qualities which make a lady desirable over and above all else. Regarding Bentley I am in the market for pre-owned one, as I see no point in buying new, and reading just about all the reviews the biggest complaint seems to be the electrical issues. Do you agree ? All those others who complain about handing, back seat size etc. do not make any sense to me as those things can be easily detected prior to purchasing ie, if a woman is fat the first time you see her, you have only yourself to blame later on when you find you can't deal with her size. Best wishes, M