Used 2005 Bentley Continental GT Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bentley Continental GT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (38 reviews )

I love driving the car
By charles winner

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I have several cars ranging from Aston Martin Vanquish to Mercedes to BMW and a Bentley Arnage. The GT is by far the one that I prefer to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone that can afford such a car.

Back seat is a bit hard to get in and out of

Best Car I've ever owned
By tom wartenberg

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a car junkie. I've owned every exotic and luxury car you can think of over the last 30 years, including a prior Bentkley Turbo R, which was a trash can that I dumped in 6 months. This, however is the finest car I've ever deriven . Puts the big BMW, Mercedes as well as the Porsche's and Jaguars of this world to shame.

All wheel drive. You can't untrack this car. 552 horsepower and no governor. It's a rocket. It is a sculptured piece of art.ay be the most beautiful car ever made.

None

Bentenly Continental GT Review
By Donald G. Santucci

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Over the years I have had the good fortune to have owned a few exotic cars. While the Bentley GT does not have the, "outer edge",handling of some of the Ferriaris, Aston Martins and some other exotics, it is truly a high performance car, but without the harshness exhibited buy most of the other cars of it's breed. As for the over all handling, it should be more then adequate for 98 percent of the people out there that buy these kinds of cars. Personally I don't mind giving up some preformance, that I'll never need, for a little more refinement and creature comfort.

I particulerly enjoy the sure footed feel of the all wheel drive. A welcome addition when one considers the 560 HP. engin also pute out 479 lbs. of toque.

The car weighs over 5,000 lbs. It woule be nice if they could find a way to reduce the weight while not sacrificing the integrity of the body or increasing the price.

A Fine Car
By Herodotous

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2005 Bentley Continental GT is a fine car to drive even though the electronics seem to act up once in a while. It joins my other fine cars: Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vanquish, Porche Carrera GT, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, Maybach 57 (custom made), and Mercedes SLR, with the last been the best but at $600,000 it is hardly the car to go shopping with! The Continental could probably lose some pounds as it detracts from its performance. Overall, its not bad for a VW.

Great leather interior, very supple.

Add a Formula 1 style manual transmission, it begs for it! Don't call it a four seater. Get rid of the back seats and provide a roomier trunk and interior.

One for the Ages
By TED G.

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

While I waited for delivery, I asked an existing owner how he liked the the car; "I don't like it.....I love it!" End of story. It is clearly the best luxury porformance car I have ever owned. The blend of styling, performance and engineering is unsurpassed! I look for reasons to take the car out, it is that much fun to drive. I just took my first "road trip" through the mountain passes of Washington State and it handled flawlessly. This is as close to perfection as I have seen in a mechanical structure!

Stylling, engineering and overall performance!

Touch screen DVD GPS system (Lexus). Drink Holder sub par in # and location. Warranty should be 4 or 5 years.