Used 2005 Bentley Continental GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bentley Continental-gt - Consumer Reviews

2005 Bentley Continental GT

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )

Bentley Continental GT
By Blake

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Smooth to drive and a LOT of horsepower. Before I bought the GT I test drove the Aston Martin DB9. Theres nothing like a Bentley compared to the DB9.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the navigation and the rear spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

More power. Just kidding, nothing its perfect.

As Good as it Gets
By Jimbo

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Awesome performance.. Had MBz for 25 yrs. -- build quality of the Bentley is awesome. Dealership experience great. Has some quirks -- what good (anglo/german) product doesn't. It's a different level of ownership experience. Service -- awesome. Have my order in for Convertible -- only way anyone will get Gt out of my hands.

Favorite Features

Hides. Engine (VAAROOM). Great wood (opted for Burlwood option). Noise box (radio/cd/ etc. is "universe class" - forget world class -- ACCELERATION/ HANDLING/COMFORT.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the PDC. It does not work. The Nav system is good -- but should be DVD based. This car SHOULD have the same "Onstar"/MB "Teleaid" assist system -- nothing breaks, but it would make me happier knowing someone out ther is "listening" Audi offers it -- so should Bentley.

I love driving the car
By charles winner

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I have several cars ranging from Aston Martin Vanquish to Mercedes to BMW and a Bentley Arnage. The GT is by far the one that I prefer to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone that can afford such a car.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat is a bit hard to get in and out of

Best Car I've ever owned
By tom wartenberg

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a car junkie. I've owned every exotic and luxury car you can think of over the last 30 years, including a prior Bentkley Turbo R, which was a trash can that I dumped in 6 months. This, however is the finest car I've ever deriven . Puts the big BMW, Mercedes as well as the Porsche's and Jaguars of this world to shame.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive. You can't untrack this car. 552 horsepower and no governor. It's a rocket. It is a sculptured piece of art.ay be the most beautiful car ever made.

Suggested Improvements

None

Bentenly Continental GT Review
By Donald G. Santucci

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Over the years I have had the good fortune to have owned a few exotic cars. While the Bentley GT does not have the, "outer edge",handling of some of the Ferriaris, Aston Martins and some other exotics, it is truly a high performance car, but without the harshness exhibited buy most of the other cars of it's breed. As for the over all handling, it should be more then adequate for 98 percent of the people out there that buy these kinds of cars. Personally I don't mind giving up some preformance, that I'll never need, for a little more refinement and creature comfort.

Favorite Features

I particulerly enjoy the sure footed feel of the all wheel drive. A welcome addition when one considers the 560 HP. engin also pute out 479 lbs. of toque.

Suggested Improvements

The car weighs over 5,000 lbs. It woule be nice if they could find a way to reduce the weight while not sacrificing the integrity of the body or increasing the price.