2005 Bentley Continental GT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )
Bentley Continental GT
By Blake on 07/31/05 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Smooth to drive and a LOT of horsepower. Before I bought the GT I test drove the Aston Martin DB9. Theres nothing like a Bentley compared to the DB9.

As Good as it Gets
By Jimbo on 07/20/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Awesome performance.. Had MBz for 25 yrs. -- build quality of the Bentley is awesome. Dealership experience great. Has some quirks -- what good (anglo/german) product doesn't. It's a different level of ownership experience. Service -- awesome. Have my order in for Convertible -- only way anyone will get Gt out of my hands.

I love driving the car
By charles winner on 07/18/05 01:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I have several cars ranging from Aston Martin Vanquish to Mercedes to BMW and a Bentley Arnage. The GT is by far the one that I prefer to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone that can afford such a car.

Best Car I've ever owned
By tom wartenberg on 07/15/05 21:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a car junkie. I've owned every exotic and luxury car you can think of over the last 30 years, including a prior Bentkley Turbo R, which was a trash can that I dumped in 6 months. This, however is the finest car I've ever deriven . Puts the big BMW, Mercedes as well as the Porsche's and Jaguars of this world to shame.

Bentenly Continental GT Review
By Donald G. Santucci on 07/07/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Over the years I have had the good fortune to have owned a few exotic cars. While the Bentley GT does not have the, "outer edge",handling of some of the Ferriaris, Aston Martins and some other exotics, it is truly a high performance car, but without the harshness exhibited buy most of the other cars of it's breed. As for the over all handling, it should be more then adequate for 98 percent of the people out there that buy these kinds of cars. Personally I don't mind giving up some preformance, that I'll never need, for a little more refinement and creature comfort.

A Fine Car
By Herodotous on 06/16/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2005 Bentley Continental GT is a fine car to drive even though the electronics seem to act up once in a while. It joins my other fine cars: Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vanquish, Porche Carrera GT, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, Maybach 57 (custom made), and Mercedes SLR, with the last been the best but at $600,000 it is hardly the car to go shopping with! The Continental could probably lose some pounds as it detracts from its performance. Overall, its not bad for a VW.

One for the Ages
By TED G. on 06/15/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

While I waited for delivery, I asked an existing owner how he liked the the car; "I don't like it.....I love it!" End of story. It is clearly the best luxury porformance car I have ever owned. The blend of styling, performance and engineering is unsurpassed! I look for reasons to take the car out, it is that much fun to drive. I just took my first "road trip" through the mountain passes of Washington State and it handled flawlessly. This is as close to perfection as I have seen in a mechanical structure!

Continental GT- Smoke and Mirrors
By Ken Dialo on 06/12/05 01:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This car took me a long time to receive. After 3 months not satisfied. Engine is strong, but does not prove out to alleged specs that are reported. Porsche all models will give it a solid run to 60mph. Handling is sloppy, braking is not world class. Interior is beautiful, controls are nicely placed. Overall I will purchase Ferrari or Aston on next trip around.

Nice to look at, disappointing to own.
By Ernie on 06/10/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is a big disappointment. I'm a car nut, and the interior is gorgeous. But the car is no fun to drive. Visibility is terrible, drivetrain doesn't harness power smoothly, and dealer experience has been lousy. By comparison, my 2004 Jaguar XJR is a delight to drive and a bargain-- at half the price, it's very fast, has MORE features, has never even required dealer service and handles with nimbleness the Bentley can't approach. The Bentley is a stop-light ego builder, no doubt. But it feels like a date with Madonna might feel-- everyone looks at her and envys you, but somehow when you're alone together you realize she's not the woman you want so spend your life with!

2005 Bentley GT
By R. B. Tonkin on 06/07/05 08:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Bentley Continental GT 2dr Coupe (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I have only driven my Bentley Continental GT some 500 miles so far, but it has been flawless perfection thus far. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. Even fuel the mileage, which is low, is adequate as this car weighs over two and a half tons with over 550 horsepower. It is quiet, smell of leather is so pleasant, and tactile swithchgear is perfect.