2007 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Consumer Review: The most fun you can have with

2007 Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

The most fun you can have with a 4 door
By cuircaleche on

2007 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Having owned a variety of high performance sedans over the years, and tired of being nickled and dimed to death by my 600SEL, I thought I'd try something FAST with AWD. For not so much more than it's Audi sibling, the Bentley fit the bill. While it does have some electrical issues, none have been disabling. The ride is a bit noisy due to the high tire pressures and high performance tires. That said, the car is fairly quiet on the road. The 2009 models will be quieter. Acceleration is amazing, the interior is a wonderful place to be, and the car is quite easy to drive. The bluetooth is useless for Verizon customers.

Acceleration, comfort, heated AND cooled seats, huge trunk. With AWD, the power can be used in most conditions. With the ability to raise the car a bit, one can traverse heavily crowned driveways and tall speed bumps. Amazing brakes.

Many of my "suggested improvements" have been addressed in the 2009 model with quieter ride and Naim stereo. Needs hard drive based nav, better and easier integration of iPods, etc., ability to add backup camera (available in 2009). With solar sunroof you lose ability to see thru roof when closed.
By lovecars11
on 07/21/11 10:50 AM (PDT)

I wrote this review a year or so after purchasing the car. Now, having forgotten my password to this account, instead of deleting or updating this review, I supplemented it by writing a more updated one reflecting our problems with the vehicle and with Bentley USA customer support. My advice.....buy another brand.