After 4 yrs I still LOVE to get behind the wheel..
By davidhart on
2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)
In my lifetime I've owned some pretty special cars but my Flying Spur is in a class alone and far above any of the others. After 4 yrs. I still anticipate with excitement my next drive. It's a head turner (95 % favorable but a few truly nasty and envious remarks shouted out) and a delight in all ways from remarkable comfort, performance, uncompromising quality of construction and materials, and understated elegance inside and out. The only comment I can make even slightly negative is that I noticed a improvement in ride, quietness, and handling when I changed from the factory-installed Dunlap tires to Michelin Sport A/S Plus 275/35 ZR20's. I feel it's not hyperbole to rate it 5 stars.
Favorite Features
I still find it hard to believe a car of this size and weight can have this much agility and POWER!
Suggested Improvements
See tire comments above
By davidhart
on 04/24/11 18:26 PM (PDT)

After reading all the other owner's comments a question comes to mind about those few wildly negative ones. I know the term "contrarian" describes someone who automatically disagrees, contradicts, or disputes whatever someone else says. I wonder if there is a term to describe someone who automatically condemns or dislikes anything (from movies to automobiles to art in all forms) which are widely held by the majority of critics as masterpieces. I've occasionally encountered such individuals and suspect that their true motivation is rooted in their own insecurities. In this case, that insecurity takes the form of the mistaken notion that panning something as sublime as the Flying Spur must imply that their tastes and standards are superior to the overwhelming majority of the other critics. The reality is, these individuals are aware at some level, either consciously or subconsciously, that they lack the experience, judgment, and inherent artistic eye to share the majority's view. By disagreeing they believe they earn some kind of extra status when in truth they are more likely viewed as disgruntled, attention-seeking, and misanthropic.