Used 2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bentley Continental-flying-spur - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

Its great, but...
By Treo

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The car's performance rocks, it is just that now they have the Chrysler 300 with the exact same front grille (am I the only one that notices it?). The garage door opener is a disgrace, since it's not standard. The radio and navigation are great, and the comfort is great as well. It's a gas guzzler, alright (how does the 760Li get 22 mpg and S65 AMG 18 mpg?) Even though I love my Bentley a lot and probably would recommend this car, I'd recommend a Mercedes-Benz S600 or S65 more.

Favorite Features

Everything except items listed below.

Suggested Improvements

The front of the Spur looks like a Kia or Dodge (I don't know if what I'm saying will increase Kia's or DaimlerChrysler's business or lower Bentley's). The fuel economy is awful (even for a 12 litre). Why isn't the name "Continental Flying Spur" listed anywhere on the vehicle?

Sheer Pride
By Michael

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Let's face it all cars are good these days and our expectations are equally high, but no other car can give me the great sense of pride I feel when I walk up to my Bentley. It just oozes class and quality, and judging by the finger marks on the glass after parking in public others think (or wish) the same.

Favorite Features

The design.

Suggested Improvements

Make some of the options standard. It is a little offensive to charge extra for a garage door opener on a car of this price.

Forget It
By rick larson

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Given that the Bentley arrived at the lot in December, but I got to give the car a good drive a couple of days ago, you might be wondering where it's been. Well guess what, it was in the shop. You can see it's not reliable at all, considering that the engine burned up twice, a lot of the technology, and etc., etc., etc. It also lags in acceleration. For those who are looking for a Supreme Luxury Car, look at the A8 W12 L or 760 Li. Right now, I've got a 760 Li in the making.

Favorite Features

It has a nice navigation system and a strange yet nice wood interior. The trunk space is really nice too, especially when it's Thanksgiving and you're shopping at the supermarket, but I guess you could say the same with M-B's '07 S600 or '07 S65 or with the BMW 760 Li or Volkswagen Phaeton.

Suggested Improvements

There are so many improvements, it will take an hour to write them all down, but I'll mention a few. 1: Make the engine more reliable. 2: Make the garage dooe opener standard. 3:Improve it's technology. 4: The leather is kind of uncomfortable, but it's not a major issue like the three above.

The Car is Amazing ... YEAH, RIGHT!
By Bentley Owner

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

O.K. So everyone might think that Bentley has a good name, and they do. I love my Continental GT, but my Flying Spur is a joke. In other words, It's garbage. I bought it, spent a week with it, then returned it. I bought myself a BMW 760Li and now, because of my Flying Spur, am thinking of swapping it in for a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren or a Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG, or maybe a SL 65 AMG. I don't know. Despite it's "luxury" name, I find my Audi A6 to be more luxurious. Everyone, though, is subjected to their own, personal opinion.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Take it off the market, and if not, ...well, all I can say is that Bentley needs to reimprovise.

Two Thumbs Down
By Robert C.

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Parple Lossh knows what he's talikng about! I don't like my Bentley either. It's extremely uncomfortable. I would rather have a Mercedes-Benz S600. Everyone has their own opinion, of course.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Take it off the market, and if not, improve it's body style and comfort.