Used 2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )

Upgraded Volkswagen
By robert annenbaum

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I was treated better at the Mercedes and BMW dealerships than I was at the Bently dealer. This car has exhilarating performance but lacks the technology that Mercedes or BMW have. I needed to add satellite radio and I had to buy a special phone to work with the "optional phone system" to integrate with the car system. Bentley you should be ashamed of yourselves nickel and diming your customers like that. It has panache and if that is worth $40,000 more to you than owning the other cars that I described, then buy it.

The acceleration, leather seating, positional seating, button and keyless go.

It needs more features for the price such as a garage door opener and the other things as described above. Its paint seems to easily get hairline scratches. Some usable cup holders would be nice as well, the British drink tea, don't they?

Its great, but...
By Treo

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The car's performance rocks, it is just that now they have the Chrysler 300 with the exact same front grille (am I the only one that notices it?). The garage door opener is a disgrace, since it's not standard. The radio and navigation are great, and the comfort is great as well. It's a gas guzzler, alright (how does the 760Li get 22 mpg and S65 AMG 18 mpg?) Even though I love my Bentley a lot and probably would recommend this car, I'd recommend a Mercedes-Benz S600 or S65 more.

Everything except items listed below.

The front of the Spur looks like a Kia or Dodge (I don't know if what I'm saying will increase Kia's or DaimlerChrysler's business or lower Bentley's). The fuel economy is awful (even for a 12 litre). Why isn't the name "Continental Flying Spur" listed anywhere on the vehicle?

Sheer Pride
By Michael

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Let's face it all cars are good these days and our expectations are equally high, but no other car can give me the great sense of pride I feel when I walk up to my Bentley. It just oozes class and quality, and judging by the finger marks on the glass after parking in public others think (or wish) the same.

The design.

Make some of the options standard. It is a little offensive to charge extra for a garage door opener on a car of this price.

Forget It
By rick larson

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Given that the Bentley arrived at the lot in December, but I got to give the car a good drive a couple of days ago, you might be wondering where it's been. Well guess what, it was in the shop. You can see it's not reliable at all, considering that the engine burned up twice, a lot of the technology, and etc., etc., etc. It also lags in acceleration. For those who are looking for a Supreme Luxury Car, look at the A8 W12 L or 760 Li. Right now, I've got a 760 Li in the making.

It has a nice navigation system and a strange yet nice wood interior. The trunk space is really nice too, especially when it's Thanksgiving and you're shopping at the supermarket, but I guess you could say the same with M-B's '07 S600 or '07 S65 or with the BMW 760 Li or Volkswagen Phaeton.

There are so many improvements, it will take an hour to write them all down, but I'll mention a few. 1: Make the engine more reliable. 2: Make the garage dooe opener standard. 3:Improve it's technology. 4: The leather is kind of uncomfortable, but it's not a major issue like the three above.

The Car is Amazing ... YEAH, RIGHT!
By Bentley Owner

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

O.K. So everyone might think that Bentley has a good name, and they do. I love my Continental GT, but my Flying Spur is a joke. In other words, It's garbage. I bought it, spent a week with it, then returned it. I bought myself a BMW 760Li and now, because of my Flying Spur, am thinking of swapping it in for a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren or a Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG, or maybe a SL 65 AMG. I don't know. Despite it's "luxury" name, I find my Audi A6 to be more luxurious. Everyone, though, is subjected to their own, personal opinion.

None.

Take it off the market, and if not, ...well, all I can say is that Bentley needs to reimprovise.