2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Consumer Reviews

Base Sedan (6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Sheer Luxury, Built to Last
By BobS on 02/22/06 23:38 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Having owned quite an array of luxury vehicles over the past 30+ years I thought I'd become quite jaded. I loved my Jaguar XJ's but then moved on to the Mercedes S-class, owning 4 over the years (including a new 2007 for my wife). The time had come for something different--something which looks and feels superior. The Flying Spur is IT! No Mercedes sedan can compare with the WOW factor of this Bentley. And, the beauty, quality and craftsmanship of the interior places this car head and shoulders all others. While I have no doubt the 2007 S-class is the true standard of the world, there is a certain satisfaction in driving the much more exclusive Flying Spur. It is a JOY!

Goodbye S-Class!
By icecofe on 02/20/06 21:34 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a Merecedes-Benz S-Class for 15 years. In the Continental Flying Spur, I have finally found a car that looks, drives, and sounds as good as the hype. It is heaven to drive and the quality is unbelievable. It was worth the wait. There is nothing like it on the road. Its a sports car and a family sedan with class.

Flying Spur is a Pleasure
By jeff on 02/11/06 00:55 AM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The Bentley Continental Flying Spur is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever driven. My Arnage is in the garage more now than ever before. I drive it almost every day and look forward to many years of enjoyment. Thank you Bentley for this vehicle.

My Second Bentley
By Jesse on 01/21/06 09:19 AM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a Continental GT in late 2004 and was extremely happy with it. Now, the Continental Flying Spur is the same car with more space and some added features. The bluetooth phone (RAZR) works great. I also like the cooling solar panel in the sliding roof, air cooled seat not just heated, very large trunk space, and more glass. This is a really great car to drive since it handles like a GT. It has a tight body with no rattles. Overall, the Flying Spur is superb.

Old World Quality With Modern Dynamics
By Charles on 01/14/06 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Was looking for something different than the Bangle-Butt BMW's and mundane Mercedes S-Class, which are like VW's around Los Angeles. With it's distinctive elegant shape, outstanding build quality, sheer luxury, twin-turbo 550 HP performance, and great driving dynamics, the Flying Spur sits by itself at the top of the luxury sedan heap. It's an amazing balance of understated capability, able to take five people in total comfort at up to 195 MPH (where, I don't know!), corner with SL's on Angeles Crest, and cruise Sunset Blvd. with the same quiet refinement of a Rolls Phantom, without the Kenworth-grill pretense. As modern as an A8 Audi (it's cheaper cousin), the Flying Spur make no excuses!

Outstanding car
By perrie32 on 12/20/05 00:03 AM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2005 GT since I thought the 4 door made more sense for an everday car. Like the GT the interior is outstanding as is the overall build quality. The Continental Flying Spur is fun to drive even though it is a little less sporty than the GT. It's more elegant. It is very comfortable and has some nice features such as automatic trunk opener and cooled seats. Also better it has doors, since they are not as heavy. All in all, I have been very pleased with the car.