Used 2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bentley Continental-flying-spur - Consumer Reviews

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

Great Car
By SpineGod

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Flying Spur since April. It is a great car and it is not ubiquitous like all other luxury sedans on the market today. It is fun to drive, has a huge trunk, and accelerates like a sports car. If it had iPod integration, it would be the greatest car ever. That said, I love these new Bentleys. I can't wait to get my Continental GTC.

Favorite Features

The acceleration, interior build quality, and exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

It needs more interior storage space, real cup holders, DVD Navigation, and iPod integration. A garage opener and valet key should be standard.

Special Car
By bb

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I am very happy with this car. Compared to my previous cars, the S55 CL65 and S550, this car is the best and gives you everything, like performance, looks, and ride quality. To sum it up I find myself looking for reasons just to drive it. The car has a way of making you feel special. I see a lot of comparisons to the BMW 760Li and the S600, these are great cars but check out what they sell for only a year old. They lose a lot of value very quickly. I'm speaking from experience, I traded my '06 CL65 on the Bentley.

Favorite Features

The looks and performance

Suggested Improvements

Improve the navigation system. The 2006 model's system is not that good, but it was updated for 07. Also, the telephone takes too many steps to use.

Flying Spur is in a Class by Itself
By SAEarly

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

A super luxury sedan with 4 wheel drive, 0 to 60 acceleration in 4.8 seconds, and a top speed of 195+ mph (magazine reviews) is not available anywhere currently in this price range except from Bentley. Austin Martin is planning something in next 2+ years. The super huge trunk is great for trips but the acceleration at any speed makes it fun to drive even though it weighs about 5,500 pounds. Our Beluga exterior with chrome wheels and Cognac/Beluga interior looks stunning. Other drivers have actually backed from other lanes at red lights to do a double take. While drivers going the other way have stared or even turned around to get a better look. This car is very roomy, has stunning looks, and has great acceleration and speed!

Favorite Features

I love the acceleration from such a roomy passenger car; however, I added a built-in K40 radar/laser system with a lazer defuser as when you feel like you're going 60 mph you're actually going much faster. The TOTAL leather interior that allows you to order black carpet and dashboard with Cognac elsewhere.

Suggested Improvements

The chrome wheel option comes with cheap gray/silver plastic valve covers. Be sure to order the Bentley "B" Chrome Valve Covers from the dealer for $35. They should have been included. The navigation system uses 8 CDs which is disappointing to say the least! The 2007 Spur does use a DVD navigation system.

Bently Continental Flying Spur
By Texas driver

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I had less than 1,000 miles on this car and it had to be taken in for service twice. The wheels were not balanced properly for the first visit. The air conditioner went out in 100 degree temps on a road trip. It is a lovely car other than those problems, but it makes one wonder what is next. There is a fabulous sound system on the car. But the interior storage space is not large enough. If I put in an XM radio, I would lose my one ashtray. There is nowhere for change if that is gone. It drives beautifully. I can't wait to get out on the open road with this car.

Favorite Features

The sound system, power, and roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Add more storage inside.

Upgraded Volkswagen
By robert annenbaum

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I was treated better at the Mercedes and BMW dealerships than I was at the Bently dealer. This car has exhilarating performance but lacks the technology that Mercedes or BMW have. I needed to add satellite radio and I had to buy a special phone to work with the "optional phone system" to integrate with the car system. Bentley you should be ashamed of yourselves nickel and diming your customers like that. It has panache and if that is worth $40,000 more to you than owning the other cars that I described, then buy it.

Favorite Features

The acceleration, leather seating, positional seating, button and keyless go.

Suggested Improvements

It needs more features for the price such as a garage door opener and the other things as described above. Its paint seems to easily get hairline scratches. Some usable cup holders would be nice as well, the British drink tea, don't they?