2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Its great, but...
By Treo on 07/02/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The car's performance rocks, it is just that now they have the Chrysler 300 with the exact same front grille (am I the only one that notices it?). The garage door opener is a disgrace, since it's not standard. The radio and navigation are great, and the comfort is great as well. It's a gas guzzler, alright (how does the 760Li get 22 mpg and S65 AMG 18 mpg?) Even though I love my Bentley a lot and probably would recommend this car, I'd recommend a Mercedes-Benz S600 or S65 more.

Sheer Pride
By Michael on 06/21/06 02:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Let's face it all cars are good these days and our expectations are equally high, but no other car can give me the great sense of pride I feel when I walk up to my Bentley. It just oozes class and quality, and judging by the finger marks on the glass after parking in public others think (or wish) the same.

Forget It
By rick larson on 06/05/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Given that the Bentley arrived at the lot in December, but I got to give the car a good drive a couple of days ago, you might be wondering where it's been. Well guess what, it was in the shop. You can see it's not reliable at all, considering that the engine burned up twice, a lot of the technology, and etc., etc., etc. It also lags in acceleration. For those who are looking for a Supreme Luxury Car, look at the A8 W12 L or 760 Li. Right now, I've got a 760 Li in the making.

The Car is Amazing ... YEAH, RIGHT!
By Bentley Owner on 05/31/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

O.K. So everyone might think that Bentley has a good name, and they do. I love my Continental GT, but my Flying Spur is a joke. In other words, It's garbage. I bought it, spent a week with it, then returned it. I bought myself a BMW 760Li and now, because of my Flying Spur, am thinking of swapping it in for a Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren or a Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG, or maybe a SL 65 AMG. I don't know. Despite it's "luxury" name, I find my Audi A6 to be more luxurious. Everyone, though, is subjected to their own, personal opinion.

Two Thumbs Down
By Robert C. on 05/21/06 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Parple Lossh knows what he's talikng about! I don't like my Bentley either. It's extremely uncomfortable. I would rather have a Mercedes-Benz S600. Everyone has their own opinion, of course.

I Am Disappointed
By Parple Lossh on 05/08/06 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Never a Bentley Again! I've had it for a while now, and I think it's awful. It is so uncomfortable and heavy. I could have saved $40,000 and gotten a 2007 Mercedes Benz S600 and have been happier than I am with the vehicle that I purchased. For those who are looking for a luxury vehicle, look at the S600 or the Audi A8 W12 L more carefully. Everyone has their own opinion, though.

Not Quite As Good As The...
By CaliforniaCarsOrg on 04/22/06 17:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

Mercedes Benz S600 or the BMW 760Li. The handling was fine, but we were a bit suprised to find out that the garage door opener is optional. This luxury car is beautiful, but if you want to buy an exotic luxury car, look at the S600 or the 760Li or the Audi A8 W12 L as well. The car is a bit heavy, so it didn't perform as well as it could. It's also uncomfortable in the rear seats, compared to the BMW 760Li. In some cases, it's better than the S600 and the 760Li, but overall, it's not quite as good.

Will Never Buy A Mercedes Again!
By MaffiaDude on 04/19/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

This vehicle is amazing. I have previously ownes an S55 AMG and a CL500 and this car put's both to shame. When you press the start engine button it sounds a like an airplane engine starting. When you're going fast you think you feel as if you are going only 45 mph. It is a must have for any person wanting to ride in style. All of the seats massage you, plus they all have heating and cooling. The trunk is so big you could easily fit 6 bodies in there.

Beats BMW 7's & MB600 Hands Down!
By MichaelF on 03/19/06 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The Flying Spur replaced our Mercedes V12 and BMW 7 series. There is no comparison. Power and handling in the Bentley is superb, however, the quality, craftsmanship and design is unbelievable. The electronics and navigation is intuitive, making the BMW "I-Drive" look far more complicated than it needed to be. Acceleration pins you to the seat. Because of all wheel drive in the Bentley, our recent snow/rain vacation trip was far more relaxing because road handling was exceptional. This will be the first of many Bentleys!

Exquisite
By craig29 on 03/15/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm totally excited about this car. I've had and driven just about everything luxury and they all pale in comparison. The Continental Flying Spur has plenty of room, power and styling. My only complaint is that the bluetooth only works with Nokia phones and my Razer doesn't work on the system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.