2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L W12 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
After 4 yrs I still LOVE to get behind the wheel..
By davidhart on 04/22/11 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

In my lifetime I've owned some pretty special cars but my Flying Spur is in a class alone and far above any of the others. After 4 yrs. I still anticipate with excitement my next drive. It's a head turner (95 % favorable but a few truly nasty and envious remarks shouted out) and a delight in all ways from remarkable comfort, performance, uncompromising quality of construction and materials, and understated elegance inside and out. The only comment I can make even slightly negative is that I noticed a improvement in ride, quietness, and handling when I changed from the factory-installed Dunlap tires to Michelin Sport A/S Plus 275/35 ZR20's. I feel it's not hyperbole to rate it 5 stars.

Still good
By bobbyo on 07/08/10 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I agree with all the positive comments, which you'll note hint at some flaws in the design and operation of the car but do not in any way detract from the experience of owning one. I didn't see much substance in the negative reviews- was it the same guy writing them all? This car is fantastic, fast comfortable and smooth. Garners a lot (repeat, a lot!) of stares and comments. True luxury that mass-produced BMW's and MB's can't begin to match (Mercedes had to come out with the Maybach line to even try). My biggest complaint is the rear seat area, it squeaks rattles and shakes whenever you hit a bump, due to a suspension that is quite active and "vocal" over bumps. Reliability has been great.

DR. QUICK's Prescription for feeling good
By Dr Quick on 11/06/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is amazing. You almost have to learn how to drive all over again because of the elevated performance. Love the weight and solid feel. The power is breath taking. Some lesser top brands seem to have more features, but nothing beats pulling up in Bentley. Nothing makes you feel more special.

Spur vs. Arange
By WJR on 02/17/07 19:39 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my Arnage T for the Spur and never looked back. The Spur has everything I wanted (except no MP3 hook-up) in an auto. Although the Arnage T turned more heads (who cares) the Spur outdoes it in every way, especially the interior! The Arnage felt like getting into a space capsule (I'm 6'1") and was in the shop a good amount...the Spur on the other hand, not a hiccup! It delivers flawless performance, comfort and design (although the back end is a bit odd to me). I believe to have finally found that love match between man and machine with the Spur.

Great All Around Car
By mikemgm on 01/15/07 16:53 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

The windshield cracked and the console display system went out in the first few months I had it. Other then that, it's a great all around car. It has excellent power (though there is some turbo lag at the bottom), a smooth ride, it corners very well for a 5,500 lb. car, the AWD is great in the rain, and it is far more of a head turner then a MB or BMW. The interior is luxurious. If money is no option then what the heck, you can't take it with you!

Great Car
By SpineGod on 10/30/06 17:45 PM (PST)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Flying Spur since April. It is a great car and it is not ubiquitous like all other luxury sedans on the market today. It is fun to drive, has a huge trunk, and accelerates like a sports car. If it had iPod integration, it would be the greatest car ever. That said, I love these new Bentleys. I can't wait to get my Continental GTC.

Special Car
By bb on 09/14/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I am very happy with this car. Compared to my previous cars, the S55 CL65 and S550, this car is the best and gives you everything, like performance, looks, and ride quality. To sum it up I find myself looking for reasons just to drive it. The car has a way of making you feel special. I see a lot of comparisons to the BMW 760Li and the S600, these are great cars but check out what they sell for only a year old. They lose a lot of value very quickly. I'm speaking from experience, I traded my '06 CL65 on the Bentley.

Flying Spur is in a Class by Itself
By SAEarly on 09/12/06 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

A super luxury sedan with 4 wheel drive, 0 to 60 acceleration in 4.8 seconds, and a top speed of 195+ mph (magazine reviews) is not available anywhere currently in this price range except from Bentley. Austin Martin is planning something in next 2+ years. The super huge trunk is great for trips but the acceleration at any speed makes it fun to drive even though it weighs about 5,500 pounds. Our Beluga exterior with chrome wheels and Cognac/Beluga interior looks stunning. Other drivers have actually backed from other lanes at red lights to do a double take. While drivers going the other way have stared or even turned around to get a better look. This car is very roomy, has stunning looks, and has great acceleration and speed!

Bently Continental Flying Spur
By Texas driver on 09/06/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I had less than 1,000 miles on this car and it had to be taken in for service twice. The wheels were not balanced properly for the first visit. The air conditioner went out in 100 degree temps on a road trip. It is a lovely car other than those problems, but it makes one wonder what is next. There is a fabulous sound system on the car. But the interior storage space is not large enough. If I put in an XM radio, I would lose my one ashtray. There is nowhere for change if that is gone. It drives beautifully. I can't wait to get out on the open road with this car.

Upgraded Volkswagen
By robert annenbaum on 07/02/06 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Bentley Continental Flying Spur 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl Turbo 6A)

I was treated better at the Mercedes and BMW dealerships than I was at the Bently dealer. This car has exhilarating performance but lacks the technology that Mercedes or BMW have. I needed to add satellite radio and I had to buy a special phone to work with the "optional phone system" to integrate with the car system. Bentley you should be ashamed of yourselves nickel and diming your customers like that. It has panache and if that is worth $40,000 more to you than owning the other cars that I described, then buy it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.