Rare 5 speed V8 Quattro
By Foot on
1991 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
My 1991 V8 Quattro 5 speed has two options according to the original window sticker in the trunk: Pearescent White Clearcoat Metalic, $470 and Compact Disc Changer (6 disc) $890 List price was $52,300 and total with gas guzzler tax was $56,165. Even came standard with a cell phone with hands free operation. I bought it for $2,800 and feel like I just bought a rare collectible for a bargain. The cars 32 valve V8 revs quickly and really comes to life above 3000 rpm to redline at 6500 rpm. I love the sound it makes. Way better exhaust note than the 2007 Mustang Gt I had. The 5 speed is wonderful with this car and combined with Quattro the car just launches very straight and in control.
Favorite Features
Quattro has a torsen rear diff. and a torsen center diff. in the manual cars. Unbelievable in the snow. I live on a very steep hill and got up it fine last winter in 1 foot of fresh snow. V8 and 5 speed, great combo.
Suggested Improvements
Should have built them all with a 5 speed manual and told the customers that wanted automatics to pound sand. Why couldn't they have built more than 70 or so of these 5 speed cars? I'm buying another 5 speed and storing it in the pole barn. Hope no one else starts hoarding them.