Little Secret
By Mopower44 on
1991 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
Never knew about these cars. I'm one for "one-of-a-kinds" and this one was just that. I was surprised to never know about. I have the rare 5 speed manual version with the still used 4.2 4OHC 32V V8 engine (276 HP). The car has 227,000 miles and looks, runs, drives, functions like a 30,000 mile car. All wheel drive and 4 doors make this the only car of its kind. (Only 76 imported with the 5 speed). Repairs are not cheap, but they are necessary. Do not ignore regular maintenance!!! Audi is a top quality brand, so its replacement parts will be more expensive. Check the Internet for 30%-50% off what Napa/autozone will charge you. Overall, I love it, and will keep it for a while!
Favorite Features
Double body panels, heated front/back seats, Bose radio, sound of the V8, acceleration (0-60 in 5.9, 5 speed only), safety, handling, build materials (ex. leather seats have no noticeable wear after 227K!!), interior space. UFO brakes are terrific.
Suggested Improvements
Front clip is blaise. Fuel economy is around 18mpg/23 hwy (I'm an inspired driver). No CD Player, no cupholders.