1990 Audi V8 quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Audi V8 - Consumer Reviews

1990 V8 Consumer Reviews

quattro 3.6L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Super Car for the money
By imnion

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car in August of 04 and it had 117,000 miles. Near perfect condition inside and out. I've done quite a bit of research online and I've never seen a one with a bad interior yet. The leather NEVER cracks. The exterior is just about the same. I have yet to see a rusty one. It's geared on the high end so you won't get the fast 0-60 you'd hope for, but I had it at 125 MPH (smooth as silk)and it coulda did more but I didn't want to see a deer. On the other hand it is a 15 year old car and there is some nuisance electrical problems, ie. radio, back window, AC.

Favorite Features

Highway ride...The Looks...The interior...The V8...The seats/adjustments...AWD.... and Hey! It's an Audi !!

Suggested Improvements

More space between the brake pedel and the accelerator. Cupholders. A battery charge guage. Maybe more reliable power windows.

AudiQuattroV8
By Lester Jebson

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Great car! Comfort, luxury & reliability for less than $5,000. We use it in the Rocky mountains. The AWD & ABS make it perfect for winter mountain driving. It's like a luxurious SUV without the high rollover potential!

Favorite Features

All Wheel Drive, ABS, V8 for under 5K. The V8 mileage is 150,000 and it still gets 22 mpg with a V8 engine! And what is the top end on this thing? It still throws you back when you step on the gas at 100mph! 14 years later, it is still waiting for its chance at the Autobahn!

Outstanding car!
By Sean's V8

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I was actually looking for another 200tq, but decided to get the V8 after I had the pleasure of driving one. I can't express enough how great a car the V8 is. I live in NH and travel to NYC about 5-6 times a year. I have driven it at 125 mph (no traffic, good radar det.) and it is flawless. 15 years old, 160k miles. Added sat radio, and 16" wheels. Audi was not selling many cars here in the early 90's, so great cars like this went by basically unnoticed.

Favorite Features

The body style never looks outdated. No badging from the factory. Quattro. Interior fit & finish better than any other car in its class. Exlcusivity.

Suggested Improvements

They did improve on it in 1991 by bringing in a man trans.

Executive Express
By ron90V8Q

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I bought this car for $4,000. Quite a bargain considering it cost nearly $50,000 14 years ago. What a steal. I was looking for an inexpensive package of luxury and all wheel drive. And this car is all of that and then some. It has every possible option (excluding navigation) that today's luxury cars come equipped with. And the V8 sticks to the road in any weather condition. Still no rust and only minor mechanical repairs. Great value!

Favorite Features

Of course, quattro all wheel drive. Very comfortable heated leather seats. Lots of wood grain. Plenty of cabin room. Great Euro exterior design (no badges - I'd rather let people guess the model!).

Suggested Improvements

Lacks enough power to move this 2 ton beast the way I'd really like. For more performance, I would suggest getting the '92-'94 model with the 4.2L V8. No cupholders. Reapairs are pretty pricey at the shop. Needs 17" or 18" wheels.

Audi V8 Quattro
By Richstone

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

The 1990 Audi V8 clearly demonstrates what quality design, build, and materials can do for a car. The attention to detail is prevalent through out. Though this car is 13 years old (review written in '03) it demonstrates virtually no wear inside or out. The materials used in manufacture are cleary top notch. This car does not squeak, rattle, or succomb to wind noise. For its size, it has strong acceleration and good braking. Interior comfort is well above average. The '90 V8 befits its name as a flagship.

Favorite Features

V8, seating comfort, sound system, anti-lock brake shut-off feature (great in snow and loose gravel, heated door locks and seats, headlight wipers

Suggested Improvements

Only improvements for this car would be for Audi dealerships to take some customer service lessons from Infiniti dealers.

Bullet Proof
By Schrodinger's Cat

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I love it!

Favorite Features

The all wheel drive make me look forwards to snow.

Suggested Improvements

None. This is the perfect car.

well kept secret
By hojo

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

bought car on a whim, parked my 2001 infiniti and forgot all about it, this is a super car!

Favorite Features

everything

Superb luxury supercar
By smittypig

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has every option possible, except cupholders. It's excellent in the snow, rain, dry...the AWD system mated with a nice V8 provides lots of grip and acceleration an all sorts of weather. I feel incredibly safe driving it. And it weighs 2 tons so I'm pretty safe in an accident! I highly recommend this car to anyone! Was $50,000 new!

Favorite Features

Heated front and rear seats, and the V8. This car runs smooth from 60 mph up to 130 mph!

Suggested Improvements

Put a cupholder somewhere in it.

Love This Car!
By Just In Time

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has been a true delight to own. It now has 157,000 miles on it and I can't seem to bring myself to part with it. I have driven many other cars, which I thought might be the replacement, but have yet to find one that has the equivalent build quality, performance, and sheer fun factor to drive. I suppose it will be with me for another 157k, which is fine by me! By the way, at 157k miles most people still believe it is, at most, a two to three year old car and nobody believes the miles! The V8 is an extremely well built vehicle.

Favorite Features

Powerful V8 connected to All Wheel Drive makes this a superior road vehicle in all conditions. Nicely appointed in the highest quality leather and burl walnut finish. Great climate control. Basically has every option you could imagine.

Bland personality hides an excellent car
By Tory

1990 Audi V8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

You have all the features you would expect from a vehicle of this class - and some features that are still not being used on brand new domestic cars. Under the hood is an energetic V8 3.6L engine with 4OHC, 32 valves. Classy, anonymous exteriour - domestics feel the need to put "V6", "ABS", "24- valves" on their outsides to compesate for a faulty product. Audi does not. Exteriour hides blazing perfomrance. People will still look. You will blow them away too.

Favorite Features

V8 power, power everything, Quattro, V8 + AWD vehicle at a bargain basement price (I paid $7,500 Canadian), classy interiour and exteriour, the Audi name, full sized and heated back seats, still better than 2003 domestic vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders for the front passengers, repairs have the potential to be pricey.