2014 Audi TT Consumer Review: Ignore the reviewers!

2014 Audi TT - Consumer Review

Ignore the reviewers!
By somuchbetter on

2014 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

600 miles in on an S-line TT purchased Labor Day despite the reviewers hating on it. She is practically perfect!!! My 120 mile, mostly highway commute to D.C. often becomes stop & go. It often flurries and/or rains in rush hour. She is easy to park, has good brakes, fits 2+a small dog crate w/the seats folded down, has AWD w/ a reputation for being great on wet roads & gets decent mileage. I know its not a "real sportscar" (we have an S2000 so I know the difference) but I think most people who think they want a sportscar really want an eye-catching fast daily driver. Strangers compliment her. Her IBIS white is extremely visible. Build quality seems as good as husband's Mercedes ML.

1. Nappa leather seats w/ lumbar support are very comfortable (not cold enough yet for the heated seats but I'm sure that will be nice too). 2. Hatchback is convenient for stashing workout clothes etc... 3. Wonderful stereo. 4. Seats fold almost flat for small dog crate. 5. Spoiler pops up going 75 or if I push the button. 6. Stops quickly. 7. Visibility is pretty good and it has a sensor that beeps when I'm backing up if I'm near anything. 8. Feels solid and safe with the road hugging quattro. 9. Turbo makes it easy to get moving and pass others 10. Lights are bright. 11. Fun and practical in a beautiful package.

1. It would be nice if the seats folded 100% completely flat (a jetta I had previously did this by allowing the back seat cushions to fold forward so obviously Audi knows how to do this; its a mystery why they won't). 2. Bring over the diesel so the TT can get even better mileage. 3. Automatically folding mirrors so I don't have to worry about them in the parking garage (mine only fold manually which means if there's a tight squeeze I have to get out to put them in). 4.Update the tech to match other german offerings. No reason to have DVD based nav for example.