2009 Audi TT Consumer Review: Sophisticated Sport

2009 Audi TT - Consumer Review

2.0T quattro 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automated Manual)

Sophisticated Sport
By Ken on

2009 Audi TT 2.0T quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car loves corners. It is fun to drive and makes my commute to work enjoyable. I decided on the Audi over Porsche, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti and have enjoyed the decision daily. Consistently surprised at how quickly I get up to traffic speed with torque to spare when I want to pass someone. Brakes are quick to engage without being too grippy. My wife and I had no plans to take our girls in it, but they love it. Lots of fun to drop off at school surrounded by monster SUVs and minivans. Booster shopping was a challenge. For as small and low as the car is, there has not been a grocery or Costco run it has not yet been able to handle. Thoroughly enjoying my mid-life crisis mobile.

Favorite Features

Quattro: great cornering, holds the road with no tire noise. Sport mode: won't shift until it hits redline, and great throttle growl Interior: luxury car feel inside (enhanced leather package). Steering wheel: good feel, like the flat bottom.

Suggested Improvements

Door swing: I have to open the door wide to easily get in and out, requiring a little more hunting for the best parking spot. Bluetooth: Connects easily, others complain about difficulty hearing me through it. Small item storage: two cupholders does not give enough space for small items.