2008 Audi TT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:
2008 2.0 TT
By yeedle on 03/23/12 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought this car used with 40k miles on her already. Paid as much for it as I could have for a NEW fully equiped GTI which is a similar car since they share the same platform, engine and technology. After almost a year of ownership I don't regret buying the used TT over a new GTI. The exterior and interior styling combined with the lighter weight chasis makes the difference for me. The only penalty I feel is the cargo space but I have a second car for the days when I need it. Major big plus is that I average 400 miles to a tank and I'm not a light footed driver. I do about 50/50 city, highway driving and I love to get on the throttle as much as possible.

Everything I wanted and expected
By satisfied on 03/08/10 07:44 AM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I'm very happy with my decision to purchase this car. I've been looking at it since they came out and have just been waiting for the right price on a used one. The car is quick and handles great. It's very comfortable considering it's size. The interior is roomy for the front passengers. The back seats are fine for really small children for short durations. Bose sound system isn't horrible,but it could use more bottom end. The only thing my car didn't have was the nav. I mostly wanted it for the display and the SD card readers, but the 6 disc mp3 changer in the dash works well. It displays text unlike the ipod interface. Torque makes driving the manual easier in traffic.

The TT is a good car.
By Allan on 02/23/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My previous cars were a 2005 Lotus Elise and a 2000 Boxster S before that. I need a 4 seater for my baby son and the TT was the only car that really interested me short of a 911. Comparatively, the TT is very capable in the real world. Its handling is decent, however the steering a bit light and there's too much understeer in the canyons. Acceleration is decent and brake is excellent. Storage is adequate. It's a good daily driver car. I did compare payment to a similar spec VW GTi (no interest in it but just doing due diligence) and the TT is about $125 more a month so it's not a bad deal.

Excellent, any way you look at it!
By George on 01/03/09 00:58 AM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

Got this 3.2 coupe used and am loving it! Handles like a dream and the dual clutch tranny is by far the best feature. Would buy a 4 cylinder if buying new, but wanted to Quattro and saved. 08 3.2 was my only option for Quattro given used and value. As for gas mileage, averaging about 22 and am happy with it. It hard to compare the gas mileage in my mind when this thing wants to run well above the speed limit. If you want to push it off the line every time then the numbers will drop, and yes, so will they in any car. I'm very impressed with the style throughout, and cannot get over the attention to detail in the beauty.

Beauty
By matt on 11/29/08 01:51 AM (PST)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect in every way. Love the headlights, tail lights, interior, exterior, and 10 spoke bicolor rims that stand out.

Oh What a Feeling!
By REJ on 10/31/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have been driving my 1995 Audi 90 for over 13 years when I upgraded to a slightly used 2008 Audi TT. Wow, what a difference a decade makes. I am amazed at the power of the 2.0T, along with the smoothnessof the whole vehicle. I've owned Audi's for over 25 years, so I am a fan - but of course there are some things that could be improved.

Highly Recommended!
By ABG on 08/03/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

This is a nice little car. Convenient as the size allows easy parking everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable, not as good as the 2.0 version. Interior is outstanding (enhanced leather interior), the rear seats work well with my 2 children (ages 9 and 6) for short rides. The suspension feels a little harsh (I don't have magnetic suspension), which might be a deal breaker for some. However, no car is perfect and this one is not the exception.

Wife says: "Best Car Ever"
By John on 06/12/08 01:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought this for my wife, she needed one last sports car before we she got "old". She had an old 1976 Porsche 911 but loves this car better, in fact she's says the TT is her best car ever. Bought a red color coupe and she loves it. It's perfect for her petite size and I know she loves getting all the attention. The handling is great, it wants to be driven and before she knows it the spolier pops up and she notices that she's going 80 miles plus. The trunk is big enough for a weekend trip. I'm just a bit too big for the seat which is too confining for me on a long drive but it's a her car and she loves it.. When Mama's happy everybody's happy.

Great car
By pipergal on 06/01/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 3.2 quattro 2dr Hatchback AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love to drive this car. I had a car that got better gas mileage, and just couldn't give up driving this fun sports car. Too early really to tell about reliability. With numerous frost heave "speedbumps" and potholes around here, I started hearing a knocking noise in the front end when going over a bump. The dealership however didn't hear it. Of course, I'm still under warranty. They also told me that the 2 bent rims are "slight" although I have a tire/rim warranty. The rear tires are worn out at around 17,000 miles. They stick like glue to the road however. Would I buy this car again? You bet!

Fun, fun, fun car
By audifun on 05/04/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi TT Hatchback 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is simply a blast to drive. I have the basic 4cyl turbo model and it flies. Car is built to be driven hard. I have a stop and go and highway commute and its is happy doing both. It is tight and responsive and loves to be pushed. Driving this car will actually make you smile every single time you get in. You will find yourself looking for reasons to go for a drive. Everyone will look at you in this car simply b/c there are so few out there on the road. Truly a fun car to own and pleasure to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.